Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Well, it's that Time Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's that Time Again...

Now that we know for sure that we're heading back to DC, I'm starting that dreaded job search, again.

Not that I mind changing jobs- I've changed jobs every two and a half to three years for my entire career. (all upwardly- it's acceptable in my field to have worked at a number of places. Luckily!) But, I hate the whole BS cover letter/resume crap.

I have found a couple of interesting positions though. It may be too early to send my information, but I figure, what the heck- at the minimum, they get to read my resume and hopefully will remember me. (Hello job search database- again!)

I started my current job before we 'officially' moved here. I was in the apartment with a blow up mattress, a lawn chair and a 13 in color TV. (The apartment was so empty that it echoed in the background when I was on the phone!) At least this time, if I find something I can always stay with my parents or my best friend's place.

Oh well! and if any of you DC people know of anything interesting, let me know!

Jenn

If I hear of anything I will keep you in mind. The Washington Post has a decent jobs section but of course there are many other manys to job search. Good luck, Jenn!

Comment

BEST OF LUCK!

May this move bring your best job yet.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Update

I've been sending resumes (or cookies as the job warrants) and hadn't had one nibble (no pun intended) until last week. One of the nationally known accreditation companies (in the field of Developmental Disabilities and social services)called and are flying me to Chicago for an interview in two weeks!

Whew. I was starting to get nervous. I know times are tough and I'm definitely in a niche market but jeez- I was making myself paranoid! I know I'm good at what I do- why aren't they calling me sort of thing.

So, everyone, keep your fingers crossed on 2/17!

Jenn

Comment

cookies

Have you heard back from the cookie people yet????
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Nope, not yet. Those cookies alone should warrant an interview, at least in my opinion!

Jenn

Comment

Send me cookies and I'll grant an interview!!!
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

interview

IF those guys DONT interview you, it is definately not a place that values individuality and creativity and you wouldn't want to work there! I can't believe they haven't called you yet...I would snap you up in a heartbeat!

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                X