Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When did I get “old?”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did I get “old?”

I posted a while back that I was taking a Census taking job last month. I was assigned to go door-to-door taking the census of folks that didn’t return the form. Thus far the job has been lots of fun! I’ve met lots of my neighbors and some of the younger families in town. Now we’ve finished up the homes in my little town and we are on to the greater area.

I’m now assigned to a mega apartment complex specifically designed for Coeds. <SIGH> One girl tells me today “I don’t know my roommates date of birth, but I know she was born in ’90… she’s a senior.” WTH!?! When did I get old!?!? It seems like yesterday I was a college kid!

Working in the apartment complex brings back all the memories… the coeds carelessly hang out and nap in the afternoons… they have pool parties (that was today!)… they are fresh, thin, and blissfully ignorant of the world that is about it hit them. I think I’m starting to understand that old saying “youth is wasted on the young” So true… ahhh so very true…

PS. One of them called me “Ma’am” today. <eye roll>
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

One girl tells me today “I don’t know my roommates date of birth, but I know she was born in ’90… she’s a senior.”
    Well, either the girl skipped 2 years of school or her roommate is an idiot. I was one of the younger seniors this year, and I was born in '88--unless these are "about-to-be-seniors"

So, you're not that old
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Still, it freaks me out that kids I baby sat in high school are graduating from college now. The other day, DrK was wearing one of my old college t-shirts. (It's a XXL t-shirt. I used to sleep in it and it's the softest t-shirt ever.) I remember when I got it because there was a choice of colors and my friends and I all got the same color. Back then, no one could have convinced me that I'd have that t-shirt for 16 years or that those 16 years would go by in a heartbeat. It's amazing that I've known some of those same friends for almost 20 years now. We all have careers and kids and live all over the country now but I swear it was only yesterday that we were all hanging out in the dorms and watching cartoons together after class.

P.S. I got "old" when I stopped knowing who all the popstars and heart-throbs are. . . and didn't care.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post

P.S. I got "old" when I stopped knowing who all the popstars and heart-throbs are. . . and didn't care.
        One of the benefits of having children, you will learn all that stuff again.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          Well, either the girl skipped 2 years of school or her roommate is an idiot. I was one of the younger seniors this year, and I was born in '88--unless these are "about-to-be-seniors"

So, you're not that old
          He math was totally off, but I didn't say anything. The students at this school aren't the brightest. (that's putting it nicely)

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
            One of the benefits of having children, you will learn all that stuff again.
            Note to self... need to talk with my 10 year old niece more. She keeps me up with all the latest! LOL!

Comment

Working...
            X