Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's official!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official!!

I've been hired as the school nurse at the girl's academy that DD1 has been at for the last three years. I'm absolutely thrilled! I'll have the same schedule as the kids in both hours, holidays and summers (mostly). The students and families are amazing and I'm excited about watching them grow over the years. I have big shoes to fill because the outgoing nurse is well-loved and has created a school-nursing legacy there so it means that much more to me that they selected me to replace her. I'm also getting a BIG, FAT tuition remission which means a lot when you have four kids. The school is incredible and I'm thrilled that this will enable us to keep our kids there. I'm interviewing a nanny that comes highly recommended this weekend so she'll be watching the two littlest ones along with her own toddler next year. The school is literally a block from my house so I'm that close for any urgent needs. DH works a block in the other direction so we have zero commute for everyone!!! No small feat in this commuter city. I promised the girls to give them a hug each day at lunch and I'll actually be seeing them more than if I was at home. Hehe. This excites them now and I'm sure will annoy them later. DD1 flipped out because she adores the school nurse. It's like her two favorite people have merged into one. She can't believe her luck.

P.S. I have the coolest office. I'll post pics when I start orienting.
    Last edited by Ladybug; 06-15-2010, 01:16 PM.
    -Ladybug

YAY! So exciting for you, sounds like a great opportunity!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Cool! Congrats!!

Comment

Re: It's official!!

Sweet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Re: It's official!!

That's awesome!! And how nice that you will be so close to the kiddos all the time congratulations on the job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That sounds pretty much perfect. Congratulations!
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

How awesome is that?!!! YAY for you and the family. Yes, do post pics of the office - I want to see.
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Congrats on the awesome new position! Can't wait to see pics of the office.
                Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

What a phenomenal opportunity. It truly sounds ideal for you and your family. So happy for you!!
                  Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

That sounds great! I am so happy for you!!
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

What a great opportunity! Congrats!
                      Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

That is absolutely perfect!! Can't wait for the pics!!
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

That is so wonderful! Congrats!
                          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                            That sounds pretty much perfect. Congratulations!
                            seriously! good for you!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!! So happy for you!
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X