Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's done

I got a new job. You'd think this would be insanely easy good news, but I have been agonizing about it for about a week now. (I am the most neurotic, horrible decision maker ever.) I am leaving a good group of people after only a year, and I'm a little sad about that, but I think this will be a great opportunity.

I'm going to be a committee staffer for the state legislature. I'll run meetings and do research for legislators and such. I should finally be able to get my hands dirty with some policy work.

So I have about three weeks to wrap up this job. Wish me luck!
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Julia that is a fantastic opportunity for you. Good luck!
    Kris

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!! I'll bet you will LOVE it.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Congrats! Good luck with your new adventure!
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Yay!!! Good luck!
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Great! Good luck!
            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Sounds great! Way to go!

Comment

Cool! Congrats!
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

High Five!
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Sounds like a good fit! Leaving the people is always the hardest part. Congrats!
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Congrats, it sounds like a great opportunity! Best of luck!

Comment

Break a leg! That sounds awesome!

Comment

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you. Comgrats! And you don't sound neurotic at all. Transitions are always hard.
                            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Congrats on the new position! It sounds really exciting!!

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                              And you don't sound neurotic at all. Transitions are always hard.
                              And this.
                              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                              X