Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How many of you out there work in the medical field as well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you out there work in the medical field as well?

Just wanting to know if there are any of you out there that are also in the medical field as your spouse goes thru the training to be a doctor?

I am thinking of making the switch into a medical related field as I am so sick of computers/technology!

I was a Communications/Journalism major. But I followed DH around the medical field in a variety of low-level jobs, which eventually paid off (not monetarily...) in my favorite job ever. I edited/wrote research papers and submitted them for publication in public health journals. (I'm a dork - research makes me drool.) Before that, I had jobs in hospital/university finance and in patient relations.

So although I did have some patient interaction, I was not involved in patient care in the same sense that a nurse, PA, etc. would be. But it was still related to healthcare, and it was very rewarding. I considered getting a Master of Public Health... maybe someday.
    Last edited by Deb7456; 11-08-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I'm a veterinarian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Nurse Practitioner!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I have zero desire to deal with the gooey stuff. Even my own. Blech. :P

Comment

Medical assistant and practice manager!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Until October 2007, I worked for a PR firm and we had several medical clients (including the hospital where DH did his residency). LOL
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

MPH/MBA degree in progress.
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Heidi, when you incorporate make yourself the Vice President with ownership of 50% shares!!!!!!!!!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                    Heidi, when you incorporate make yourself the Vice President with ownership of 50% shares!!!!!!!!!
                    I am the Vice President with 50% shares! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Used to be an ICU tech and unit coordinator for the ICU. Then worked for a FP doc as a receptionist and fill in for nurse holidays/days off.
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm not currently, but I start some training next year. I should be able to start working at the hospital next spring. I'm really excited about it. It's a big change for me!
                        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I do a bunch of pharma patent litigation, does that count?
                          - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Sure it counts!

I work in social services- for a provider of mental health, substance abuse and long term care (for people with mental retardation) so I work with a lot of people with neurologically related issues. I get what hubby does far better than he gets what I do though.

Jenn

Comment

I don't work in the medical field but have recently been thinking about going to school for something else. I don't think I would get into the medical field after hearing all of my husband's trials and tribulations. I guess that's as a Dr though. I think I might like to do something in the arts. I have always really enjoyed painting and am getting sick of just being "the Drs wife".

Comment

Working...
                              X