Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For those attorneys out there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FL legislative referendums. That was the subject of one of my hopeless essay questions.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Haha, I could rock a legislative referendum essay. And I'm NOT a lawyer. Anyway, good luck on the bar. Better you than me.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Good luck!
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Well, seeing as my prep for my social work license was falling asleep w/ a textbook the night before the test, I think you lawyers need to pat yourselves on your backs! I think it did read a few NASW journals so I could write "as was just in the Journal..." in the essay parts now that I think about it. That's it.

Jenn

Comment

Just wanted to say good luck! I wouldn't trade places with you for a million dollars... well maybe a million dollars, but nothing less!
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I was waaaay over-prepped for mine, but did not feel that way leading up to it! I ended up very lucky that the main essay questions were on civ pro (which is what I had been "practicing" as a law clerk/summer associate)

Also, our year was the last year we couldn't use a computer at all in Illinois, so my roommate and I LITERALLY set up a training regimen to prep us for the all-day essay writing. All we lacked was an 80s hair metal band to play over the handwriting montage...

You'll do great! I was so stressed out that the week after I took it, when I went home to visit family in Cincinnati, I had a nightmare that my roommate was calling me "because you went to Ohio, and they have a 3-day bar exam, so you have to go finish the third day there" - what a horrible dream (then I woke up in Cincinnati and was convinced I actually did have to go take another day of bar exam, it was horrible)
              - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

What part of Cinci are you from?
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

grew up in Price Hill, went to Walnut for HS, then UC for undergrad

Comment

Wow...small world. We just sold ye ol fellowship homestead in Westwood. (Making 'W' style hand gestures...)

Comment

it is a small world! when I go back now I usually stay with friends in the Cheviot/Westwood area (just off of WW Northern/School Section) we're practically neighbors!

Comment

We are now in Wyoming for the public schools, so not quite as close but close.

Comment

http://www.newser.com/story/125072/l...-in-labor.html

a woman in Chicago just finished her bar exam in LABOR. Lawyers are freaking insane.
                          Last edited by Shakti; 08-04-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                            http://www.newser.com/story/125072/l...-in-labor.html

a woman in Chicago just finished her bar exam in LABOR. Lawyers are freaking insane.
                            Not as exciting, but someone in my bar exam vomited--violently and repeatedly--throughout the morning exam one of the days. He'd run to the garbage can, vomit, then return. The proctors actually LOOKED AT THE INSIDE OF THE CAN--I assume to make sure that he wasn't faking to peak at a cheat sheet inside.

Comment

I know I am late to this but my 2nd bar wasn't actually that bad... But I think it's because I took them 6 months apart and I was "in the zone" still. I only studied for 3 weeks the second time around.

There is a story around our legal community of a woman who gave birth the day before the bar and still took and passed it. Her husband apparently brought the baby to her during her breaks so she could breast feed....

Comment

Yeah, after all these crazy stories, I can't really complain...but I'm still going to (much to the hubby's chagrin).

It sucked...I just hope I won't be repeating in February...or taking a bar when I'm pregnant apparently...

Comment

Working...
                                X