Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holding my breath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding my breath

la la la
    Last edited by Cinderella; 09-30-2011, 07:37 AM. Reason: now that you know who I am better zip the lip.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Wow, that's a lot... I wish I had more advice, but you do have my sympathy. Especially on the waiting to have a baby - that was one of the lowest points of our marriage.

As for the work situation... My strategy would be to set up a definite electronic paper trail. Send her an Outlook request for 2 hours a day, with a set agenda that covers training for each of the tasks you need to be trained for. Ask her if she can list any that you have missed. If she cannot commit to 2 hours per day, email your supervisor about decreasing her workload for the duration of the training. Having these "conversations" via email will help you CYA, although it's not ideal.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I couldn't follow half of that but who hired you for this position? I mean besides HR, there is usually someone in the department that has some say in who is hired for what. Can you go to that person? I agree with the paper trail, put everything in writing and if you're still getting shrugged off, especially if you think they're going to work around you, then I would go to the next level. Didn't you move for this job? Did they move you? If so they are invested and someone wants to see you succeed you just have to figure out who that person is.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

You shouldn't have to beg to be trained for your job. That's total bullshit. Yes to emails and Outlook calendar requests. Also, ask for info in those emails/Outlook calendar request about what each training session will include so you can bone up on it or have some idea of what to ask/think about/look for/etc. If she doesn't respond, keep going up the chain-of-command until you get some answers or movement on getting her head pulled out of her ass.

She's pissy and jealous. Her issue is not your problem.

Comment

blah blah...
          Last edited by Cinderella; 09-30-2011, 07:38 AM. Reason: shh I've revealed myself
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. What kind of wor do you do?
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks for everyone's support!
              Last edited by Cinderella; 09-30-2011, 07:38 AM. Reason: It means a lot!
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Understood! I hope things will get better for you.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                X