Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I am fretting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am fretting

I love my job dearly, but the leadership here can be totally maddening. We don't have regular staff meetings, so when they're scheduled you know something's up. But they never provide an agenda or anything. Now we have a meeting on Thursday, to "talk about policy and research section stuff."

I'm so worried they're going to announce something horrible! I can't even think of what that would be, but I'm still worried about it!

Actually, I can think of one horrible thing: one of my favorite people could leave. We've had some bizarrely high turnover over the last few months, losing like 8 people. (Out of a staff of like 70, so that really isn't a huge amount, but it's atypical.) Only like two of those are people I was really sad to lose, but what if somebody I REALLY like leaves?

Ugh. I hate surprises.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

BTDT. I used to fret for days before partner's meetings. I'd usually come away from the meetings reassured. Not that my experience is one you'd want to repeat...
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

*Hugs*

I get it. Big "fun" changes like "you have a new boss and your current boss was just demoted" are usually announced 10 minutes in advance at my place of work.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Well, they're giving out committee assignments today, so there goes one of my possible positive outcomes of the staff meeting.

Seriously, the last time I got all worried about a staff meeting they told us all we could have a free day of leave.

All the turnover must be getting to me. I'm used to being the unstable person in really stable offices (government employee). The instability is so strange to me.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Verdict: reworking some of the management structure. I like the person they promoted, and the changes are fairly innocuous.

Plus, we get to leave an hour early.

Yes, as usual, worked up over nothing.

Comment

Whew, glad it was nothing negative.

Comment

Working...
            X