Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I've resigned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've resigned

I've officially stepped out of my school nursing gig. I'm sad because I'm emotionally invested in the kids, families and community. I'm relieved because it's been so hard working full time with four kids and I couldn't imagine putting Jude into daycare for 9 hours/day next year (Nanny had a baby will not be working with us anymore). Fortunately I have a choice regarding these issues and I've decided to stay home get myself healthy again (stress has caused some depression issues). I'm looking forward to spending the next year or two with my last baby. I'm scared about paying for 3 full tuitions and what's going to happen to us. They were very receptive and supportive of my decision and told me to call them when I'm feeling better. They would love for me to teach health part time. I'm a little (a lot) sad over losing my identity has "Nurse Beyer" and all the kids that still come up to me at birthday parties if they hurt themselves. I love our school community and worried about how we will continue to afford private tuition. I'm just nervous about the change in general. We will be getting a puppy to celebrate me being at home and available to train. I'm looking forward to that!

The school nursing job has fundamentally changed my parenting style. I can't possibly understate the postiive impact that it's had on me as a parent. I'll be *forever grateful* for that even if full time if never the right fit for me.
    -Ladybug

Leaving work is an adjustment. Soon you will get to know the new you. Be patient with yourself and have fun learning your new job.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

*hugs* take care of you and enjoy the time with your little ones.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Hugs! It'll be an adjustment, but you will enjoy your little one!
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Hugs to you. It sounds like a good decision for you and your family.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Good luck with your new "job". Be kind to yourself while you adjust to your new identity.

And welcome to the dark side!
            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

That's wonderful that you had such a great experience as a school nurse. I hope this next chapter for you is just as rewarding as the last!
              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I am hoping your next transition will be a much need relief from the pressure to perform well. I would think it would be exciting to stay home with the kid(s) so you're living my dream!
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

It sounds like the right decision, hard as it may be. You are in my thoughts!

Comment

Enjoy! I'm sure the transition will be bittersweet, but I'm glad you'll have a chance to heal emotionally, and I hope it's a fun period in your life.
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I know that must be hard...I hope you really get to enjoy your time at home, though. I know I'll be there someday myself.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Hugs--- I know this was so hard for you.

Take care of yourself and ENJOY these baby years!!
                        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I cannot imagine how hard this was for you. Very best wishes as you spend the next few years re-focusing.

Comment

Huge hugs and supportive vibes coming your way.

Thinking of you!
                            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Hugs. I hope the new puppy will cheer you up and not drive you up the wall. Let us know how you adjust to your new life.
                              Cristina
                              IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
                              X