Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Athena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athena

I know there are a few of us on Athena,
    So I thought it was a good idea we have somewhere to talk about issues and how to correct them.

Right now we are 29 days till we go live and I am stressed that we are not going to be ready. AHHHH
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I'm not using Athena, but as someone with a PhD in the health IT field who spends all her time researching EHRs, I'm especially interested in this thread!
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Let me know if you have any questions! I hope Luanne's "go live" was successful today. We've been on Athena since 2010, and I'm pretty happy with it for the most part.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

What kinda of computer did u use? We r using tablets.
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

We use Fujitsu tablet computers and DH also has a Surface Pro. He does not do a good job of charting while he's in a room, however, and is currently very behind on charts.

Comment

Questions:
            1-how did u get ur old AR into the new system?
            2-how did ur scripts come in?
            Brandi

Comment

Because it was a new practice, there was no AR to import. I'm not really sure about the details, but I know that there is some features in the accounting side of Athena that reference a legacy system

What kind of scripts are you referring to? Just based on the type of practice it is, we don't receive much in the way of scripts except for referrals. Those get plunked into the appropriate clinical inbox based on the task assignment overrides that are set up. In our case, incoming referrals go to our receptionist who deals with getting the correct insurance auths (if required).
              Kris

Comment

Ok script example:
                Jane Doe needs a new script for NuvaRing birth control. Old office procedure would be for JaneDoe to
                Call her pharmacy and have her pharmacy fax the script. Once the script was faxed over, my office staff pulls chart and gives script and chart to Rn to approve or deny. Then script is faxed back to pharmacy.
                My question is, is there anyway that the pharmacy can request the script from us electronically or will they still have to fax and then the fax goes into the task folder??
                Brandi

Comment

Yep, refill requests come in electronically from the pharmacy, directly into the patient's chart. I think it lands directly into the doc's box to deal with. (I never deal with scripts - I would sound like a bumbling idiot if I tried to call one in.) Even if they do fax it, if you have Athena sorting your incoming faxes, then it will still end up exactly where you want it.

Just like there are clearing houses for electronic claims, there are services that handle electronic scripts. They do the interface between Athena and the pharmacies.

Have you looked at the Task Assignment Override bit yet? Admin in the green bar--> Clinicals Admin, then top of the third section from the bottom. This lets you route incoming documents based on the classification.
                  Kris

Comment

I'm dying a slow EHR death!!!! Will post more later, but I foresee flying Heidi first class to NJ to straighten us out.
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I don't envy you all. Sounds like IT from hell
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Luanne, I'll come visit! What are you having problems with?

Comment

Ok I am pissed at Athena right now.

They will not input any of our old billing companies info into there system. So I have to pay the old billing company to process the Ar prior to may 1st. Which can take 90 days. While I am paying Athena. Wtf.
                          Brandi

Comment

EMR is the devil
                            Brandi

Comment

Ugh. What happened today?
                              Kris

Comment

Working...
                              X