Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Application DONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application DONE!

Finally! After a busy fall of taking the GRE and getting letters of recommendation together and struggling to write my essay, I just sent in my application to grad school!
    If all goes as planned I should finish my Master's about the same time my husband finishes med school. I'm praying for a generous financial aid package- we'll (hopefully) be a two student family next year! Has anyone else been in that position?
    Wow, it feels good to have this done going into the new year!
    Best Wishes for 2004 everyone!

Tonya

That's great, Tonya! What area are you applying for? My husband and I graduated the same year and it worked out really nicely. Good luck and let us know how it all works out!

Comment

Congratulations!
      We have not both been in school at the same time. At least you will both qualify for some of those higher ed tax credits! And how nice that you'll finish at the same time.
      Let us know how it works out!

Comment

Congratulations and good luck!!!
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes and congratulations! I'm applying for Educational Administration and Policy.

Tonya

Comment

Congratulations and good luck to you!! I did my MBA while DH finished up his last two years of med school, so we were both full-time students for the first two years of our marriage. It actually worked out really well for us, we got to spend more time together than if I were working because we would go to the library and study together (I know, doesn't exactly sound like 'quality time', but still... ) I really enjoyed that time, it was fun and pretty carefree (minus the having no money part, but we did get some good financial aid and our parents helped out too).
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Congratulations! Educational Administration and Policy sounds really interesting! The best part is that you can do this at the same time that your dh is a student...you guys can study together

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Congrats! We're both students living on financial aid. We actually just bought a townhouse, so it's not that bad! As for studying together, Russ cannot study near me....we end up just goofing off...so we don't get that too much....but we do hit the gym together occasionally (the student gym of course 'cause it's free for both of us).
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                X