Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tugging on my school nurse cap again :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tugging on my school nurse cap again :)

As most of you know I worked for two years as the school nurse at an all girls academy, and I took this past academic year off due to busy-mommy overload. I also took some time off to focus on my own emotional health. It's been an intense, healing year. I'm healthier and my little ones are a bit older and ready to fly the nest during the day. The nursing position opened up on the boy's campus and I applied again. They offered me the job today and I was thrilled to accept. The paycheck and tuition remission will enable us to stay in this academic community. We were all set to transfer schools due to tuition cost. The girls are thrilled to stay with their friends, awesome art and music teachers and their small classrooms. I was so fortunate to have the year off and the position reoffered to me when I was ready. The year with just Jude at home really solidified our relationship too. It's easy to get shuffled around with four kids, so I treasure the alone time we spent together last year. He transistioned from being wary about preschool to not wanting to leave. He's ready for a full day of activities, and I can work without worrying about him now.

As a celebration gift to myself I've ordered a Platform 9 3/4 sign to place over the health office sign. LOL. It's going to be so much fun having a boy's health office. They are going to knock down a couple of walls to open it up and make it more welcoming. So many ideas, so many ideas...

-Ladybug

Has it been a year already?? Congrats!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Congratulations!! I am happy for you, especially that you are healthier.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I am so happy for you! It is amazing when things work the way they are supposed to! Serendipity is a beautiful thing. You sound so much more at peace with things now than you did even 6 months ago. Brava!
        Kris

Comment

Yay! Go you for finding what you really needed. Enjoy it! And is Jude really school age - that CAN'T be possible!!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yay!
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

What wonderful news!!! I am thrilled for you!!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Awesome! You sound so excited and I am glad!
                Needs

Comment

It all worked out in the end!!

Comment

Wonderful news; I am THRILLED for you!!!

Comment

Thats fantastic! Congrats!
                      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

This is fantastic news! I am in awe of you and your journey.

Also, some of my favorite posts ever ont his board is when the trailing spouse finds their own little niche in spite of the medical journey.

I want to be you when I grow up.
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                          This is fantastic news! I am in awe of you and your journey.

Also, some of my favorite posts ever ont his board is when the trailing spouse finds their own little niche in spite of the medical journey.

I want to be you when I grow up.
                          As usual someone said it better than me.

Comment

How wonderful! Congrats!!
                            Jen
                            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

That's such great news! Yay!!!
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X