Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck!

Today I officially threw out three job applications for the fall. I'm looking at part-time school nursing in the kids' new school district, visiting nurse's association (home health) and I'm putting my application in at another all-girls prep school (Emma Willard). Emma isn't officially looking, but I plan to keep bugging them til they hire me. Emma offers 100% tuition remission for their nursing position, and they'll pay for your masters. The first two jobs are a sure thing. They are always looking for school nurse subs and visiting nurses. Those positions would give me the flexibility to work 3-4 days a week. I'd really like to have one day off with the kids in school just to keep the house online.

I guess we'll see how it all unfolds. I always find change exciting. It's my adult-onset ADD.
    -Ladybug

Good luck!
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Good luck!!!!! I'm still thinking NP!!!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
          Good luck!!!!! I'm still thinking NP!!!
          Me too! You would be So. Awesome. Ever think of psych NP? I've noticed that you always have the most amazing insights.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

How exciting! Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I would love to have a job that was 3-4 days a week! I hope you find something that is a perfect fit!
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                Today I officially threw out three job applications for the fall. I'm looking at part-time school nursing in the kids' new school district, visiting nurse's association (home health) and I'm putting my application in at another all-girls prep school (Emma Willard). Emma isn't officially looking, but I plan to keep bugging them til they hire me. Emma offers 100% tuition remission for their nursing position, and they'll pay for your masters. The first two jobs are a sure thing. They are always looking for school nurse subs and visiting nurses. Those positions would give me the flexibility to work 3-4 days a week. I'd really like to have one day off with the kids in school just to keep the house online.

I guess we'll see how it all unfolds. I always find change exciting. It's my adult-onset ADD.
                Good luck! Working part time is ah-manzing! I highly recommend it, if you can swing it.
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

That is so cool!!! Good for you and good luck!!!
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Good luck!! May you find the best job ever!
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Here's to hoping the right job, that works for you, is the one you take(I bet you get offers from them all)!

Comment

+1. Good luck!

Comment

You know you get all my love and adoration. I hope you get what you want!
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X