Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Future Fellowship on CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Fellowship on CV

Question for the brain trust (and the doctor spouses):

How has your spouse dealt with a future Fellowship on their CV? Should DH list it with "Candidate" and a future graduation date? Leave it off entirely?

DH will be applying to an IR Fellowship a few months before he starts his Body Fellowship, so he can't put that he is currently doing it. He'd like them to know about his acceptance to the Fellowship and that he'll be continuing his training between residency graduation and IR Fellowship. Is it appropriate to list on the CV or is this more a personal statement kind of thing? Anyone had this situation before?

I have no idea, but what is a Body Fellowship? Is it like Neuro Rad (only for the body, not brain)? The multitude of sub specialties fascinates me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
      I have no idea, but what is a Body Fellowship? Is it like Neuro Rad (only for the body, not brain)? The multitude of sub specialties fascinates me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Haha, they do like their sub-specialties, don't they?

It's for abdominal imaging.

Comment

Depending on the format of his CV, I'd just list it with start and end dates, implying that it's going to happen but hasn't yet. I've done similar things on my CV, but I have date ranges for almost everything.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I specifically remember that MadeinTaiwan explaining that her DH was applying for attending jobs and put the fellowship on his CV even though he hadn't started fellowship yet. She described it like an anticipated degree. So yes I would put it on there.

Wife of a PGY-5
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Yes, I would put something like "expected start date" and "expected end (graduation?) date" on it.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Thanks, you guys!

Comment

Working...
              X