Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I failed a quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I failed a quiz

I'm shocked and depressed. Every week for ethics, we have a quiz on chapters. I always read and outline said chapters and then reread all chapters on quiz day.
    I read the wrong chapter. I only managed to guess 3/6 on the quiz.
    I was so upset, I could barely stay for class. (Drama Queen).
    Truth is, he drops our 3 lowest quiz grades. But still ... I feel suddenly down and demotivated, like I won't be able to get back on top.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

please cut yourself a break. You read the wrong chapter. It could happen to anyone. Its not like you just showed up with out having tried to be prepared. This is the reason he throws out the three worst grades because we are human and human error is going to happen. But I know what its like to be upset with yourself for being human. hugs.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Ummm, may I point out that you got a 50% without even READING the material? You rocked it honey!!! And you're ahead because you've already read the chapter other folks have not. Sure, you still have to read todays chapter but you can do it in a more relaxed manner.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I think your simmering. You have so much going on. If I'm already feeling stressed out something understandable like this can send me into a spin. Your not a simple college kid. Hell, you're not even a simple adult. You can move forward with grace.
        -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
          Ummm, may I point out that you got a 50% without even READING the material? You rocked it honey!!! And you're ahead because you've already read the chapter other folks have not. Sure, you still have to read todays chapter but you can do it in a more relaxed manner.
          This!

Also, I got a 34 on an exam one time - first exam of Calculus II in college, when 4 exams made up your whole grade. I was devastated, but it kicked my butt into gear (I needed the course for my major, so I couldn't drop it), and I studied like crazy for the rest of the semester, and I actually managed to pull off an A in the course, after a curve I can only assume.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Everyone gets a Mulligan. Your professor gives you 3. It's fine and says a lot about your general knowledge of the subject when you can even get half of it right without reading. Good job!

And cut yourself some slack. Shit happens sometimes.

Comment

I failed a quiz

My motto through grad school. D stands for diploma.

You will be fine!!
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Don't let this knock your confidence! You can get back on top of it.
                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

You'll be fine!!!! I just realized I completely jacked up a discussion post and posted about the wrong subject in the wrong class. So at least you didn't look like a jackass like I did!
                  sigpic
                  buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Don't sweat it. It was an honest mistake and doesn't reflect your actual abilities. Consider it dropped and not effecting your ability to stay on top!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What everyone else said!!! You got half right without studying!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

You.read.the.wrong.chapter and still got 3 out of 6 correct! Wowsa!!!

Still, I get it. The overachiever in you is pissed. You just need to shut that voice up by drowning it in wine! 😬
                        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Thanks Guys! I was feeling pretty bummed out even though I know he drops a grade. Now, I'm kind of happy that I won't have to read the chapter for this week because I already did it!
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                          X