Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I have a job!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a job!!!!

So after much waiting and hand wringing Emma Willard called me and offered me a better job. Initially I was interviewed to rotate into the call/weekend schedule. They have a 60-70% boarder population, so there is a nurse available 24 hours per day. Their lead nurse resigned last week, so now they have offered me two full days per week (tues/thurs) and call rotation. I'm so excited!!! I meet with the head of school tomorrow afternoon (eek!) and then they will forward me all the new employee paperwork. This place is architecturally wonderous. It's a 200 year old female prep school (9-12). It's as close to hogwarts as I'll ever get. When a full time position opens up my three girls will be able to attend tuition-free. This is financially significant. It's something DH could never provide by himself with our family size. That feels so good. I love (miss) having my kids pop in to see me during the school day too. Even if it's just for food. I've worked so hard to here. So hard.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pj4tTL]/url]

-Ladybug

I'm THRILLED for you! That is so exciting and such a beautiful campus!
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Wow, great job! I'm so excited for you!! It's beautiful!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

AMAZING!!!! I love it when karma finally pays off. I hope you will be able to get the full time position so the girls can attend. Do/would they get a reduction in tuition now that you are there part time, plus call?
        Kris

Comment

That it pretty fucking sweet. Go you!!!
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Wow, that's beautiful! CONGRATS!!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I looked it up when you mentioned it earlier and was thoroughly impressed
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

HO. LY. CRAP. That place is stunning!! Congratulations!!!! So excited for you!
                Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

So cool!
                  Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I am thrilled for you and your family!!!!
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Well that looks pretty darn cool. Congratulations! What an experience for you and your girls.
                      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Yay, congrats! I'm excited for you and your girls!
                        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Madam Pomfrey is in!
                          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congrats!
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

OMG YAY!! This sounds like an AMAZING job. I am so sooo happy for you!!
                              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X