Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Typical interview questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical interview questions

I don’t have a ton of interview experience. I’m meeting with a 3-person panel. What types of questions can I expect? I bombed the “Who is Kristen?” question at my last interview. What types of questions have you been asked?

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

They probably just google a list of questions to ask you. I think you can really nail an interview by having some good questions of your own prepared for when they ask. Your question(s) should show that you have researched the company, and they should let them do a bit of bragging about how awesome they are. Then after they answer, reword their answer to tell them how awesome they are.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
      They probably just google a list of questions to ask you. I think you can really nail an interview by having some good questions of your own prepared for when they ask. Your question(s) should show that you have researched the company, and they should let them do a bit of bragging about how awesome they are. Then after they answer, reword their answer to tell them how awesome they are.
      What do you think I should wear? I look better in slacks, but that might be too casual.

Comment

Kris, I have a second interview this Thursday and I’m dreading it bc I always feel unprepared for the questions. The part that freaks me out the most is, my bff is interviewing me w another woman. My friend knows the “real me” but then there’s the work/professional me. I asked her what the questions are and she laughed and said “that’s cheating!” 😂
        I wear black trousers slacks with a cami and cardigan to my interviews with a pair of black flats. I’m not sure if that’s too casual for you? Good luck!

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
          Kris, I have a second interview this Thursday and I’m dreading it bc I always feel unprepared for the questions. The part that freaks me out the most is, my bff is interviewing me w another woman. My friend knows the “real me” but then there’s the work/professional me. I asked her what the questions are and she laughed and said “that’s cheating!” 😂
          I wear black trousers slacks with a cami and cardigan to my interviews with a pair of black flats. I’m not sure if that’s too casual for you? Good luck!

Good luck!!! I googled interview questions and answers. I’m going to work through them to build confidence. Maybe that would help you too.

Thanks for the clothing suggestion. That’s kind of what I was thinking about wearing. I’m glad to know slacks are okay.

Kris

Comment

I always hated "tell us about your biggest fault."
            I got asked that for my current job - I felt like I was 20 years old again, and was about to get up and leave. Instead I told them I had really messy penmanship.
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

Good luck to both of you.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
              X