Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Retired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired!

You know how sometimes the fates converge and things just feel right? Well, neither did I. Until this past Friday. I had a long (highly stressful and VERY honest) conversation with my boss. We essentially agreed that 1) I am a seething stressball these days 2) I have some extremely important paperwork that I cannot get done on the road and 3) I am unable to focus

So- I submitted my two weeks notice yesterday. I cannot even begin to tell you the relief that I'm feeling. (Like I lost 5000 pounds!) I can stay home and actually get stuff DONE.

Whew.

I love my job and I worked with some phenomenally talented people but I need to be home. Weekly travel does get old after a while! Two years is enough. Besides, I have enough FF miles to get us upgrades to and from Russia. (I actually made it to Uniteds 100k status, plus elite status on Northwest and American? It's time to get off the flippin' road!)

Jenn

Good for you Jennifer--it sounds like you totally deserve a break!!!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Jenn, that's great! I think it will really allow you to decompress before Nikolai comes home. You can also spend some quality time with R before the little guy arrives. (we went all out on a tropical vacation...niiiiice!!!)

Good for you for taking care of yourself!

Comment

Wow! I'm happy for you that the fates converged and gave you such a nice gift. In two weeks, you are a free woman!

Enjoy the down time before Nikolai arrives.

Comment

Good for you Jenn! Enjoy your new stage in life!

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Jenn,

I am so glad for you! Enjoy the time to decompress and get re-acquainted with living in just one time zone. When is it that you and Rick are getting away for a vacation? You will be so thankful for this gift of time later. Good for you.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Yay! Two years does seem like a long time to be travelling so frequently. Here's to retirement!
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congratulations Jenn!! It is great to be able to take some time off from your particular "rat race". Now you can relax, regroup and get ready for a whole new set of adventures. I'm excited for you.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Congratulations! Good for you for taking some time for you!
                  Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Wow!!

That took a lot of guts and tough introspection to do!

Jennifer
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

That's a tough decision, Jenn! Congratulations and best wishes on your new adventures!

Comment

Sounds like you were ready to decompress. Maybe we can finally get together before I leave DC!

Comment

Congrats, Jenn..I know it was a tough choice for you. I hope you have the chance to relax and take some time for you and Rick before Nikolai comes!

kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Congratulations, it sounds like you're about due for a break! Enjoy your quiet time before your little guy gets here.
                            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                            X