Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

some ideas-what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some ideas-what do you think?

I want my own business, lot's of people say i'm really organized, and/or creative and since I don't have any other real talents, i'm trying to think of stuff I can do. I'm thinking of some business ideas.

Platters - like veggie,sandwich, cheese, etc.
    Hand made wedding invites - got many compliments on ours
    Patriotic clothing line - tshirts,joggingpants, etc with nationalistic symbols

The above are just ideas, what do you think?

Anyone have other ideas or where I can go to find them?

Let me ponder a moment and I'll get back to you!

Jenn

Comment

ideas

Ok.

I can't sing, dance, play anything, or speak another language fluently enough to teach it. So it would have be something non talent related.

In 3 weeks i'm putting in my notice on my job, so i'll be ready to start something on the side while looking for a full time, and If it works out well, eventually making it into a full time thing.

Comment

I think those are great ideas.
        I'd caution you, though, on getting into a food-related business. Regulations, depending on your state and local govts, might be very very stringent. You might have to redo your kitchen to accomodate the regs, or not work out of the home.
        Also, food businesses traditionally are very hard work, and a low profit margin.

I think the wedding invites are the way to go - I did ours, after finding the printers charging an arm and a leg to design and layout the thing. You can work with a minimum of hardware and software, and make people really happy, and charge them alot of money.
        best of all worlds, imho
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Here in DC, one of the biggest money-makers that people do is other people's paperwork- i.e.- taking someone elses paperwork to the DMV and standing in line to register their car, or taking paperwork to the licesing office etc.

It requires extreme organization if you are the organizer person- not som much if you are a mere 'line sitter". (the line sitters sit in line and then call the person when they are getting close so that the person can come in and do their own thing) Seriously! (I bet there are similar groups in other large cities)

I second the caution about food service. Besides, here you'd be competing with the grocery stores and Costco for basic platters and the high end caterers at the other end.

The hand-made wedding invitations could be a huge money-maker but you'd need to actively invest in heavy-duty marketing. The wedding industry can be extremely nasty. (my SIL does calligraphy and other wedding services and has had some extremely unpleasant things happen!)

Jenn

Comment

Working...
          X