Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Career Quiz..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career Quiz..

If money/time were no object and you could be admitted to any academic or other training program you wanted, what would you want to study or learn how to do?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Landscape Architecture. I have a little 2 year degree, but I'd like to go the distance.

The Oriental Institute at the University of Chicago. Ancient Near Eastern stuff has always facinated me.

Comment

I would take computer classes at MIT, while studying to fly the G4 Gulfstream that I would need after I figured out how to exponentially spam spammers.

Comment

A Masters / Nurse Practitioner program!!!!! I started last week and put the first semester of tuition on a credit card!
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Take me out back and shoot me!
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Archeology. Maybe it was all those Indiana Jones movies when I was young ... i would love to be one of those crusty old people digging up some buried city in Egypt. I guess I'll have to settle for being crusty and old.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
              Take me out back and shoot me!

Ummm, so....how's it going, Luanne? :!

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Well, I cannot believe how much reading I have to do. I'm actually having more trouble learning all of the secrets of a computer than I am with school.
                Luanne
                Luanne

Comment

I'd go to law school. I've always regretted not doing that and now that we're getting closer to have kids and live 70+ miles away from the closest law school its really not an option. I've always said maybe someday I'll go back, but I'm sure once the kids are in school and my DH's done with residency I won't want to. We'll see.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Oh man- I would love to go back and do English- reading, writing, you name it. Comparative Lit, English Lit, Asian Lit- all of it. I would love to audit classes and just think for thinking sakes, rather than worry about getting a grade.

Jenn

Comment

School Psych
                      Needs

Comment

Well, there are the practical, realistic things I could do - like architecture (and, I WILL do that!).

But, if I could be/do anything I'd want to get my law degree somewhere snotty and big-name, clerk for a Supreme Court Justice, and set my sights on entering the Federal Judiciary myself (it's Judge Jennifer! ). sigh Well, THAT'S not going to happen!

Jennifer
                        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                        With fingernails that shine like justice
                        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Culinary school Yum! :yum:
                          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                          X