Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

business question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business question

I have been asked to do some marketing consulting for a company I used to work for. It would require me flying from Kansas City to Salt Lake City, and I know they would pay for my travel and lodging but what I don't know is how much to charge per hour, or in general, for this assignment. Does anyone know how much consultants charge? I'll keep trying to search it on the web, too. Thanks!

Amy,

I have no idea...but congratulations!!! It sounds really exciting!

Kris

Comment

marketing in what field

Comment

My background is marketing in long term care. Currently I am the manager of an assisted living facility. The job I am thinking about consulting on is for the last company I worked for. Since I left the position I had, the census has dropped from 78 to 40 and of course they are concerned as to why this is happening. SO... I am going to speak with the COO of the company today to discuss when I should go and how much they will pay me. We'll see...

Comment

I am a strategic and management consultant and work for a large consulting firm. I have been in business for a little under 10 years. The firm charges approximately $315 per hour for my services. But that all depends on the size of the client etc.

One recommendation is that you go to some of the head hunter web sites that do career surveys on salary. Look up comprable positions and you should get a good answer. For instance Kforce.com; korn ferry, etc. Or just put the words career survey or consulting salary in a search engine and you should get something. Hope that helps.

Comment

Wow, Adrienne...what is your educational background?...and what does a strategic and management consultant do?

Kris

Comment

I have an MBA from Kellogg (Northwestern University). A strategic and management consultant is sort of like a sick business Dr. and a healthy business personal trainer. CEO's, CFO's, etc of large organizations come to us with a host of symptoms or issues, we make a hypothesis about what we think the problem is, conduct some tests (analysis)and then diagnose the problem and provide a treatment. I focus on manufacturing and retail businesses doing supply chain management and ebusiness strategy. My hourly rate has no correlation to my salary, it is simply the list price we try to charge clients for work conducted by someone at my level.

Comment

Working...
              X