Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is your secret wish dream job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your secret wish dream job?

OK I never even shared this with my husband (first or second!!!) when I was in high school I loved spy novels - I dreamed of being an FBI or CIA agent, even a private detective. Not to mention that I am afraidd of my shadow!!!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I have actually contemplated being a maid. A domestic engineer. A house-keeper- whatever. I'm very good at it and I actually really like to clean. It's my obsessive-compulsive nature, I think. I sweep while I talk on the phone kind of thing. Of course, the poor staff who manage my group homes hate me because I'm always finding gunk that needs to be cleaned.

I'd also like to be Madonna or Aretha Franklin.

Jenn

Comment

You will all laugh.....

When I taught, before kids, I taught middle school in kind of a rough school, even though it was in rural Indiana. I had MANY 15 and 16 year old eighth graders (mostly boys) in my general music classes, and they were kind of scary kids! Once, I talked a kid into giving me a knife that he had brought to school in order to harm another kid, and another time (8 1/2 months pregnant) I waddled into a fight between two kids and broke it up -- probably because they were so shocked that I tried! (It was kind of stupid of me, I realized later.)

During this time, I became addicted to the show COPS, I think because we were so limited as teachers in what we could do as far as consequences for these kids. So, from those years came my secret dream job....I harbored a dream of becoming a detective that worked with juvenile offenders -- but now that I have kids, I know I could never do it because of the emotional energy it would take from me and the chance that I might get hurt.

My other dream is to be a drummer in a rock band a la Def Leppard -- that one ain't gonna happen either!

Realistically, I think I will probably stay in the pink collar realm because that is where the majority of my talents and interests are. However, I do really like being the boss and determining how things should be done, so I don't know that I will go back to the classroom.

I had a job in San Antonio at my church that was perfect -- I was the assistant to the worship pastor, but I had total control over all of the children's choirs. I had an office and worked with adults during the majority of my working hours, (only about 15 a week, not counting Sundays, with free child care at the church!) but I got to teach kids and assist with the adults, too, which I really enjoyed.

I don't plan on doing a whole lot about deciding on a career until we get out of the military, but I wasn't planning on working while we were in San Antonio, either, so I guess I will just see what happens!

Sally

Comment

OK, here's my list of secret "dream" jobs (don't laugh too hard):

model (if only I had the looks and the body and etc, etc)
        musician (up until I was sixteen I had a secret desire to go to Juliard and be a professional classical violinist - yeah, I play the violin, but not that well! )
        lawyer - already explained that one
        judge - kind of goes along with the lawyer thing
        US senator (hey, I said no laughing!!! Well, OK, laugh - but do it with some sympathy! )
        surgeon (BEFORE Jon went to medical school)
        of course.... architect

Jennifer

Comment

Ok...so what is that far off career wish that you never realized?

I always harbored the secret fantasy of becoming an actress on broadway

Yesteray, I got out all of my old high school musical videos and bored my kids for hours It was such a HOOT...but it took me back down memory lane...and NO..I wasn't broadway material back then either!

Kris

Comment

O.K. This one is really far-fetched, but here goes....

I've always wanted to be a travel show hostess....In my youth, I would have been more inclined to do a show like"Lonely Planet" or Rick Steve's shows. As I age, I think that I'd like to do something more posh, say like, "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" in foreign countries!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

This is such an awesome list...I just discovered it.....it really gives a glimpse into each other's secret selves

Kris

Comment

A travel writer--you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get a job doing that.

Own my own bookshop. (this one I'm working toward as we speak)

Comment

Here's my list:

-Like many of you all...a rockstar! My girlfriends and I talk about forming our group.
                  -Designer on Trading Spaces
                  -Music writer
                  -Bar/club/restaurant owner

Keep on dreaming!!
                  Sharon

Comment

I love TLC's "New Detectives" and "FBI Files" and am always telling hubby I should've been a forensic pathologist. I love puzzles and clues and putting things together.

And a food critic. That would've been awesome. I mean get paid to go out to eat AND critique? C'mon, that's my dream job!

Comment

I'm actually looking into forensic nursing as a possible change for me. I'm not sure if I am up for it, but if anyone has any ideas or info , please share them with me.
                      Luanne
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                      X