Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

MBA Healthcare Systems Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBA Healthcare Systems Management

Hi guys,
    Just ran into this forum...I love it. It is wonderful! I am an OL MBA student at a school with a vera vera small name. Recently there was a death in my family...and I did horrible in the 3rd week of the class which consisted of no postings on the board and a late paper where many points were taken off. I should have dropped the class instantly and picked it up for the next semester. My GPA was only a 3.0 and with an F in the class (thanks to managerial economics) I have a 2.783 I am appealing the process...bc the points that I have missing are primarily from the 3rd week.

The online community is not something that I am fond of. I feel like I should be at a more reputable university. I was intereted in Business just to learn something new (its completely different than my undergraduate degree). I feel like a goober. I have already set my appeal in process and just dont know what to say. I am venting to you guys bc I feel like you all would understand.

I feel like giving up but August 07 is my graduation date. I want to hang in here but that F hurt bad. My percentage in the course was a 72% anything 72 and under is an F...73 to 79 D 80-84 C 85-93 B 100-94 A

That is a horrible grading system...and u need a B always there is not a minus system...just straight ABCDF.

I just wonder what this will be like in the end. A blessing or a total waste of time. I am going to consider finishing my RN degree I think together they should be great!

Don't give up. I am at Seton Hall University, pursuing my Masters in Nursing/Adult Nurse Practitioner. I graduate in May 2007. Half of my program is online and it took some getting used to. August 2007 will be here before you know it. The worst is you repeat one class, hang in there and you will be glad you did (I'm obviously on break from school and feeling confident again!!). It is hard, but we can do it. We can cheer each other along. Matt is back in school too. We can have a back to school support group.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I did some of my second Masters (Health Services Admin) online and I hated it. But I dropped the program not because of the online stuff but because I quickly figured out that if I took the business classes and left all of the repititionfrom the my first masters out, I'd enjoy the educational experience a lot more. (I mean, how many Master's level stat classes does one girl need? The answer- no more than 3- aced the last two, that's for sure!)

Stick with it and to be honest, it's the letters that matter more than the numbers. I've never had anyone ask my GPA except when applying to undergrad. NEVER has an employer- I've had to prove that I had the degree but not how much I slacked off getting it!

Jenn[/i]

Comment

Jennifer you always make me laugh, thank you.
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
        X