Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I had an epiphany!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had an epiphany!

Sounds great! Sometimes a good boss can make a so-so job much better. It wasn't a waste for the experience you had working with him.

I was in finance a while back and knew about the re-org situations and was able to put myself in the path of being laid off. It worked out to be a pretty sweet deal. Could you or do you want to do something similar? I think if I had been there much longer, I would have developed a stomach ulcer too.

Good luck on the LSATs!

edit: fix atrocious spelling error!

My serverence package was a great deal too and luckily I got in on it before they scaled things back. That was the first and only time I have been laid off and couldn't believe what they would give me to leave versus what I would "get" to stay. One cool thing was free services with a "career services" company -- free advice and doing my resume for me. I didn't even have to work on my resume for a new job!

Plus there are few things worse than being the people left AFTER everyone's laid off - the same amount of work, but fewer people to do it, and the stress is super high. Forget that.
    That is so true. The environment grew bleak and grim a few months after I left. And it was a month or two after that when the packages were scaled back. I was so, so glad to be gone.

Comment

Good luck on the LSAT and the law school - if I had it to do all over again that is what I would do. Unfortunately the closest law school is now over an hour away.

Good luck!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Lily, where are you located? We have a couple of analyst positions open. Two in NY and 1 in FL.

Comment

Ummm...congratulations.

Do you want anyone to talk you out of it?

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

congrats on the epiphany and certainty. i wish i knew what i want to be when i grow up!

Comment

If you want to talk about law school, you can PM me. I have a JD.

Comment

That's so nice that you will finally get to do what you've wanted to do since high school. That's what I also wanted to do when I went off to college but I got sidetracked. Good for you! (now where's that clapping hands icon when you need it?)
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

Good for you, go for it!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

best of luck on the LSAT - I was an LSAT instructor part time during law school, so if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask (unless the test has changed radically in the past 2 years)
                    - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

I am not the person to ask about applications (I pretty much did the entire process wrong and only by pure serendipity did I manage to land acceptance to one of my top choices). But you do want to apply as soon as possible, because of rolling admissions (not doing that was the mistake I made) so if you can apply before getting your scores, you should do it.
                      - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Congrats on your choice!
                        Needs

Comment

Working...
                        X