Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glasses

I know this is trivial....but today, I broke my glasses. I've had these for years and they just snapped right down the middle (they're those plastic kind). It just really stinks because Christmas is just over and we're still in the middle of interviewing for residency. Buying new glasses was not in the budget for this month...going without is NOT an option (-5.25 vision in both eyes)...

Does anybody know a super cheap place to get glasses?

If you have a membership, Costco.

Do you have insurance? Insurance should be able to cover you for basic basic basic glasses. They won't be pretty, but you'll be able to see... Good luck!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
      If you have a membership, Costco.

Do you have insurance? Insurance should be able to cover you for basic basic basic glasses. They won't be pretty, but you'll be able to see... Good luck!
      nope...just recently got rid of my vision insurance to save a little money...(I did stock up on contacts before I did that, though...)

Comment

Then I would have a look at Costco.
        Maybe Target? They seem slightly more expensive there though.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Are the lenses still current and good? If you pick a pair of glasses they'll fit into you should save big bucks, the lenses are the most expensive part. I've had good luck with less costly glasses from Vision World.

Good luck!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Sorry that happened. Sometimes, it's the little things that throw you over the edge.

I know there are programs to donate old frames - but I don't know who they go to. Most likely, you aren't poor enough. My only other idea would be to go on Craigs List and see if anyone has old frames in your style lieing around - or see if anyone would like to split a "buy one, get one free" offer from Lenscrafters.

Good luck. My son wears glasses for horrible vision and I know that buying new glasses for him when his old ones no longer fit/needed upgrades sucked.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Do you have a For Eyes? That's where I've been going and they have their 2 for $99, including lenses. And the frames are insured for a year. Saved me the last time when my dog decided to chew my frames up. I got a brand new pair with lenses in a week.

Comment

I just saw a Sears ad for complete glasses including the frames for $99. Good luck finding something!
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                X