Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Managing money is......so hard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing money is......so hard!

So...I set up a separate checking account and have been getting money each 2 weeks for all household expenses. I overestimated what I would need so that I could save money too. :> And....I have nothing in my account...and don't get *paid* until Friday.

How did THIS happen? I was doing sooooo well. I have been making menus to shop for groceries and I literally could be saving $200/month...but no....I'm frittering it away at the dollar store and on McDonald's diet cokes that I'm not supposed to be drinking anyway.

Jeers to me.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Oh sister, I feel your pain I can't stay on a budget to save my life. In your situation I start cashing in all our change to make it until the end of the week, lol!

Comment

Misery loves company!!!!! Brandi, how are you adjusting to NJ?
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
        You're talking to someone who used cash from a Craigslist DVD sale to buy groceries this morning. Usually, when I panic and think we have no money, we end up having $1000 in the checking account after everything's cleared. It's when I'm NOT paying attention that it all goes to hell in a handbasket.
        that is SO me.

Comment

Hi Luanne!

Thanks so much for asking--I like it here it is just way to expensive and I am 5 month prego with our 2nd (it was a surprise) so it looks we need to figure out a way for me to stay home next year b/c my paycheck won't cover daycare for two--so talk about stressful money situation. Also, looking for cheaper place to live for residency. Aren't you glad you asked? LOL!

Comment

Kris,

I have been in this horrible bout of fiscal irresponsibility. I think it is the stress of the unknowns looming before us: will the house sell? Will we really be o.k. on just a fellows salary? How will we negotiate the move? ACK.

Yesterday, I splurged for Triluma ($100!) and we're having DS's birthday party this weekend (approximately $200 when it is all said and done). I could go on, but these little splurges are just the tip of the ice burg.

Normally, I'm o.k. with restraining myself. Lately, it is a free for all. I would like to officially invoke a visit from the IMSN bus. You can all take turns kickin' the crap out of me and telling me to cool the spending spree. Remind me of my pending unemployment, unknown costs of moving, etc. Please, somebody come here and knock some sense in to me.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Brandi congratulations on the pregnancy. Mine were 21 months apart and I loved it. PM me if there is anything I can do. Which hospitals is your DH in?
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I am terrible with money. Seriously... terrible. It's actually the one "issue" SO has asked me to resolve so that he can feel comfortable with marrying me. I'll get there..............eventually.

Comment

Working...
                X