Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who does your taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does your taxes?

What resources do you use to do taxes?
    Needs

During residency we used TurboTax. Now the dh is an attending we use a CPA.
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

we always had someone do it when we were in Cleveland. the guy was a family friend, and didn't charge much and gave us GREAT results. Last year we mailed them to him and it was a NIGHTMARE, including an error in or KS return that cost us $. We plan to find someone here this year (gee, think I should get on that?).

Comment

I think that in some cases, a CPA can be worth their fee and often more than that. I *wish* I had taken some advice regarding my contract work a few years ago -- I would have come out way ahead.

I didn't do MIL's taxes on Turbotax so I can't compare, but an accountant found a few things I missed (deductions) that covered the fee. Plus, I didn't have to do her taxes!

Comment

I use TurboTax, but ours are pretty straightforward.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We have been using tax cut the last 2 years. It is cheaper than turbo tax by about $15.

Now that we are in FL, we won't be worrying about city/state taxes anymore The cost of living more than makes up for it though.
            Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

My best friend's husband was an accountant for Arthur Anderson. Whenever I have tax questions, I ask him.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

One thing that I love about our accountant- he doesn't nickle and dime us for each little thing- no charge for phone calls, or emails. Also he has a good understanding of the medical field, and how to use deductions, and if we want to be aggressive, moderate, or conservative then he will help us go in the direction we want to go with in legal limits of course.

I am so dreading tomorrow- we meet with our accountant. I waiting with open arms the amount we need to help the IRS out. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think it will be.
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

We currently use Turbo Tax b/c we're pretty straight forward but once we're done with residency we will find a good financial planner and a CPA.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Turbo Tax because they make the rental stuff so easy. I've used them since 1999. They're also super easy about the military stuff.

Jenn

Comment

This is the first year that we used an accountant. Our meeting with her went really well. She's the practice's accountant and she will also be helping Dh with some financial planning - specifically relating to the buy-in.

This year our taxes aren't that complicated other than the fact that we file state income taxes in two states. But, this next year after DH's buy in, our taxes get much more complicated.
                      Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

We have used HR Block online which was great (the last two years)

Comment

We use TurboTax but after this year (when DH finishes the fellowship) I am sure we will need an accountant.
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

My boyfriend's father owns several accounting firms....lucky us .

Comment

We used a CPA last year and it worked out so well in our favor that we are using one again.
                              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Working...
                              X