Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Moment of truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moment of truth

:guilty:
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

kind of did 'em ... didn't like what we saw ... filing for extension :guilty:

Comment

I'm waiting on a piece of information from my FIL and its starting to piss me off. If we weren't waiting my taxes would have been done by 2/15.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We filed them in hurry this year after learning that we are getting a $7000+ refund.

We also changed the 2007 withholding amount in a hurry!
        Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Done and mailed. Wishing I did it earlier because we are getting all but a few hundred dollars of our federal back (or getting the money that was ours in the first place ).

I've never had such a refund. Next year, I will fine-tune the withholding.

Comment

:huh: What taxes????
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe
              We filed them in hurry this year after learning that we are getting a $7000+ refund.

Wanna share?

Comment

After figuring out that we owe over $24K, I will be waiting til the last minute. DH practice always waits til the last minute to give us our K-1 so its always a waiting game and a knot in the stomach

Comment

Originally posted by Stella
                  Originally posted by JaneDoe

Wanna share?
                  Unfortunately, we're not buying anything that exciting. Most of it will be going into savings because we don't really know what will happen with Dh's income after the buy-in this fall. As usual, we are delaying gratification!
                  Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

We haven't and usually don't until waaaaay after the dead line. DH is soooooooooo bad about dead line , or doing things timely that aren't directly related to his job/practice. He makes sure he has waaay to much taken out. That way we are always owed, and therefore the IRS could give a rats butt about when we file, because they will owe us.

Comment

Done. and we got a 5 digit refund. (which is what happens when you're stuck paying 4 mortgages and 1/3 of your main income is non-taxable.)

But- It's all spent on the new HVAC unit. and then some.

Jenn

Comment

Like an hour after I posted I got two e-mails with FIL with the information. So I'm now going to go stick my head in the sand b/c I suspect we'll owe.
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Finished and mailed ours last week
                          I always do the 'slow' paper way, but happily we will get a few hundred back.
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Acct has them, no word yet. He is a family friend and we already paid him so I wish he would hurry up.
                            Needs

Comment

My mom had them done and printed for a few weeks but DH decided to open an IRA last minute and now we're waiting for paperwork from Vanguard before we can send everything in.

Comment

Working...
                              X