Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

submitting a claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submitting a claim

never done it before.

i just called bc/bs (they suck, btw) and asked them what i need to do. so, im sending it off...guess i should have asked her...but anyone know the usual turn around time for this?

thanks.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

What kind of claim?

Comment

I'd guess 30-45 days, but no promises. I recently had a pg related one that took 9 months (ha, the irony).

Comment

doh! i forgot i posted this.

i sent two...both dh and i had eye exams and new glasses.

lily...i HATE the bc/bs we have here...but the bc/bs we had in vermont was awesome.

now...dont get me going on CIGNA.

Comment

They say it takes about 30 days to process a claim but you should check on them towards the end of that time. They were sitting on some of my finalized claims without having paid them. Good luck!

I used to be a fan of BCBS, but not so much anymore that I had to cough up the cash for two vaccinations. My goodness, it cost me $39 just to be given a shot. Forget the cost of the vaccine itself.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

bc/bs does our claims processing too. I re-thought this -- the 9 month delay was because the university medical group and not the insurance company. The medical group owed me around $200 but said there was an outstanding balance due of $17. Gee, got a calculator guys? But it did take 9 months from the appt to get it resolved.

I submitted a vision claim a while back. I think we got the check within 30 days, different company though.

I hope you get it soon!

Comment

well, i got the big check today. i just about fell over.

i sent it on the 5th of july...so the turn around wasnt too bad! the reason i almost fell over wasnt because of the speedy time...but because of the amount.

we shelled out $80 each for an exam. $200 for my glasses and almost $400 for dh. (he is blind and gets the scratch guard, non reflective, ultra thin lenses, and what ever else....)

i got a grand total of $75 back. WTF!!!??? i miss our old insurance.

Comment

$75 total back?? Sorry

Comment

Working...
                X