Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

turning my phone off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turning my phone off...

Excuse me while I complain....I'm so sick of of businesses calling us at all hours about loan consolidation. They are relentless and rude! They always ask for my husband and when I try to tell them we are not interested and that our finances are none of their business, several of them have hung up on me. That doesn't stop them from calling the next day though. I swear I have gotten at least three calls every day for the past few weeks. I was polite at first, but they are really starting to hack me off! So disturbing. hmmph.

Hey- ask them not to call you and if they do call you again, you have legal recourse and you can get some $.

Jenn

Comment

"Please put me on your do not call list". Click.

Go to the do not call website and enter your phone number. I think it's http://www.donotcall.gov

Comment

Two words - caller ID, we don't answer the phone anymore unless its a local call or we recognize the name or number.

I hate telemarketers!

ETA: And we are on the no-call list.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ask for the name of the person with whom you are speaking and the name of the company they represent. They must tell you. Then, thank the person by his/her name, and advise, "Today is [Sept. 4]. Please place me on your no-call list today. I will make a note of the date and time of this conversation." They may then launch into a schpeil about how long it will take to activate the no-call. That's fine. Write the company's name, the rep's name, and the date down and keep it. Next time they call, advise that you were placed on the no-call list on such-and-such date, and that if they call again, you will be contacting an attorney to seek legal recourse as well as the Better Business Bureau and any other consumer watchdog organization that the BBB may recommend.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. It really just made me so mad because my time with my husband has been so little and precious lately... I registered our new phone number on the do not call website today and will implement my new plan of action next time I'm harassed- watch out telemarketers!

Comment

If you're so inclined, soft torture is an ineffective tool that makes you feel better.

My brother will ask the telemarketer to hold on for a second and put the phone down and never come back, or let them get all the way through their shpeil to where they ask for his name, etc and he'll tell them "Elvis Presley."

Comment

Interesting timing on this post. I just read an article in Newsweek about the Do Not Call registry. Apparently the registry expires every 5 years, so the original batch will expire this year. If you've had the same phone # since 2002, you'll need to re-register.

Comment

Cheri,

Us too....and I still get calls.

We just got a new phone with caller ID that speaks to us....so we can hear "Call from 1-800....." and we know to let it go or "Call from Kelly...." where I'm leaping across the sofa to get it!

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                    Two words - caller ID, we don't answer the phone anymore unless its a local call or we recognize the name or number.

I hate telemarketers!

ETA: And we are on the no-call list.

Comment

My brother says: "Why YES! I'm interested!" Then hangs up.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                      X