Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

i am a dumbass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i am a dumbass

Okay, so I looked up my policy information, and I think I was wrong. I think I pay $538 per year. How dumb am I that I don't know that? Yup, June to June.

COVERAGE AND APPLICABLE DEDUCTIBLES LIMITS OF LIABILITY
    (See Policy for Applicable Terms, Conditions and Exclusions)
    Dwelling Protection - with Building Structure Reimbursement Extended Limits $183,302
    $1,000 All Peril Deductible Applies
    Other Structures Protection $18,330
    Personal Property Protection - Reimbursement Provision $137,477
    Additional Living Expense Up To 12 Months
    Family Liability Protection $300,000 each occurrence
    Guest Medical Protection $1,000 each person
    Approximately 0% of your premium applies to windstorm and hail coverage. This percentage is based off the average policy
    premium in your rating territory. The percentage of your individual policy may vary based on policy limits, discounts,
    deductible and coverage you have selected.
    DISCOUNTS Your premium reflects the following discounts on applicable coverage(s):
    Multiline 15 % Claim Free 10 %
    Age of Home 5 %
    Protective Device Rate Applied
    RATING INFORMATION
    The dwelling is of Frame construction and is occupied by 1 family
    South Carolina Valuation Clause $183,302
    Your dwelling is 3 mile(s) to the fire department
    Does that sound okay. We paid 165K in June of '04. I really need to read that personal finance textbook that dh has downstairs. He's the one who took the class in college. Dumbass knows less than I do. We're clueless.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Don't be so hard on yourself, Heidi! It's hard to remember when it comes out of the escrow. We just moved and I can't remember exactly what ours is.

Just an FYI, for about $40 per year, I was able to increase the liability coverage on our homeowner's policy to $500K coverage. Our insurance rates seem to be less here than in other states so maybe it isn't worth it. For me, it seemed a reasonable extra since people hear "doctor" and think $$$$$ and not "poor and lowly resident".

Comment

I pay a LOT more for car insurance than yall do. Damn.

But I need to call Geico and tell them I moved again. Last year, when I moved three blocks up the street - literally, THREE BLOCKS - my insurance jumped about $400/yr higher than it previously was. Bastards.

Anyway, since I moved out of the city limits now ( ) I bet it should be cheaper. I think I'll call today!

Comment

Heidi that looks like a solid policy to me. When your DH is out of residency pull up the medical payments to others - i.e. covering your butt. I say don't worry about it, looks like you've got things covered well. You can always shop around for quotes to see if you can save a little if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella

But I need to call Geico and tell them I moved again. Last year, when I moved three blocks up the street - literally, THREE BLOCKS - my insurance jumped about $400/yr higher than it previously was. Bastards.

Anyway, since I moved out of the city limits now ( ) I bet it should be cheaper. I think I'll call today!
            you also drive a Mercedes - right? and since you live in the city, rent, and don't have your own garage that no one else has access too, you're bound to pay more.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
              Originally posted by Stella

you also drive a Mercedes - right? and since you live in the city, rent, and don't have your own garage that no one else has access too, you're bound to pay more.
              Right. I also drive a beat-up minivan, basic model; my dh drives an old Chevy Cavalier. We've got multiple policy discount, multiple vehicle discount, safe driver discount, we have a garage, and live in the suburbs.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Yeah- Ask me about the BMW/MINI car insurance we paid while living in the middle of Washington, DC.

Not pretty.

Jenn

Comment

I don't live in the city anymore. I think it'll go down once I let them know that I moved to the "suburbs" or whatever you call the dumpy area that I live in. (It's not as nice as the suburbs but it's definitely not the city where I parked on the street. I have a driveway now! I'll let yall know if it changes anything.

Comment

Sylvia -- thanks for bringing this up! It reminded me to call about our car insurance. I've been meaning to see if we could put DH's car on a low miles plan and I did. He drives under 7,000 miles a year and that saves about $90 a year. Not a ton but still worth it. We might need to drop the collision coverage on his car too.

Comment

Working...
                    X