Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Anyone quaking in their boots about selling their house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone quaking in their boots about selling their house?

I am. We are going to put it up for sale in February in hopes that it sells by June. If it doesnt sell we are literally up s*!t creek. I worry about it at least once a day already.
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: Anyone quaking in their boots about selling their house?

I have PTSD from my last hellish transaction, and am experiencing anxiety while SueC is putting hers on the market. I wish you the best, and glad I'm not trying to sell right now.

Comment

[quote="Cumberland"]I am. We are going to put it up for sale in February in hopes that it sells by June. If it doesnt sell we are literally up s*!t creek. I worry about it at least once a day already.[/quote

We will be selling at the same time as you. Dh is finishing school and we will be moving for residency. Our house is very nice, but small. I think it may help to be the least expensive house in the neighborhood. At least that's my hope.

I'm thinking I should start getting organized for this....

Comment

Ugh. Double Ugh. I so don't envy you. I have repressed all memories from this time frame last year.
        I am wishing you the best of luck.
        Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I was also in your shoes last year. We goaled to get the house on the market in late February, but actually met with the realtor then and got it on the market early March. Fortunately, it was on the market before match day, and we sold to incoming residents. We were only on the market 43 days, and every one of them was completely nerve-wracking. Good luck getting ready! I wouldn't want to go through all that again for anything, but you're smart to start preparing early.
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

You've done some great things with your house and I think that counts for something, even in a tough market. And you've still got 6 months to go so maybe things will change a bit. Selling a home is nerve-wracking, that is for certain.

Comment

i'm defering the panic for another year on the advice of our DC realtors. (you know the market is bad when the realtors tell you to wait another year...)

That'll put it on the market right before the election and since it's only three blocks to the Mall/Capitol Hill, it should be very marketable. My Realtors send postcards to the newly elected members of Congress...and their staff. The house will be relatively inexpensive for DC- still under 500k. (not much under but enough to get into the under 500k search engines.)

Jenn

Comment

I'm dreading it and we're not moving for another 2 years, so I'm right there with you sister! :|
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Yes, we have also begun the steps of 'what can we list it for and not sit on it for six months?' with each other and the realtor.

Our neighbors just put their home on the market, for exactly the same amount we bought ours for...3 years ago. Granted it is a little different, it is essentially the same.
                  Gives me gas. u:

Comment

We too are talking about how low we would be willing to sell for.

I heard something about people auctioning houses... they start at their low point and give a certain date for everyone to make offers - so theoretically it should go up from the original amount? A friend heard about it on NPR, I'm not sure of any more details about how it works... It sounds interesting.

Sell!!! Sell!!! Sell!!!

m

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                      i'm defering the panic for another year on the advice of our DC realtors. (you know the market is bad when the realtors tell you to wait another year...)

That'll put it on the market right before the election and since it's only three blocks to the Mall/Capitol Hill, it should be very marketable. My Realtors send postcards to the newly elected members of Congress...and their staff. The house will be relatively inexpensive for DC- still under 500k. (not much under but enough to get into the under 500k search engines.)

Jenn
                      Jenn- I thought there was something to that! The whole election cycle thing. Mac doesn't think so, and maybe not out where we live, but holy moly there are a lot of staffers and stuff. I know congressmen aide's families and what not in our area. So with election changeover and turnaround 3 years ago, I could've sworn I saw an upturn around here.

And as long as you stay under "jumbo" rates, you should be good! Right???
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

We are planning on putting our house on the market in April. I'm currently in denial. The prospect of not selling makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

I wonder if I should be talking to real estate agents yet?
                          We will be moving in June.

Comment

Can't hurt to be armed w/ information and have them bring some comps just to know what's happening in your area.

My guys in DC send me the comps a couple times a year just so that I know what's going on.

Jenn

Comment

Oh No!
                              My kids are not making this any easier....
                              They made a race track this morning out of scotch tape and drew a centerline along it with an orange sharpie... right on the previously perfect hardwood floor in the middle of the living room. I had no idea what they were doing until I came to get them to get in the car to go to school.
                              I just took the tape up... and they got a bunch of the orange sharpie on the floor.
                              I just hope they don't destroy anything else before we sell!
                              AARGH

ps: Any ideas on how to get permanent marker off hardwood floors? Without taking the finish off the floor?

Comment

Working...
                              X