Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Discount Airline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Discount Airline

For anyone looking for cheap airfares, check out http://www.skybus.com. The cities they fly into are limited and they only fly into regional airports, but their flights are all N/S.

Right now they are offering $10 airfares on several of their flights. Of course, since they're new there is no way to know what their customer service and reliability ratings will be like, but for the price......

It looks like they will begin servicing most of their airports around the beginning of 2008.

Re: New Discount Airline

$10 flights?!!? Wow! That's unbelieveable! Too bad Albuquerque isn't one of their destinations. I would've given it a try...
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I know, I couldn't believe the price till I looked up flights from NC-MA and NC-FL.....$10 each way. It looks like most of their flights originate from NC, but hopefully they'll expand.

I'm just hoping they're not another Valujet.

Comment

That's how my IL's flew here in September. I made the mistake of telling them about it. :banghead: When I looked up flights for the boys & I, the tickets ($30 total) were cheaper than the airport fees ($36 total). The IL's said the planes are nice and clean and were perfectly happy with it, even though they had to drive 2 hours to the airport in Columbus.

Comment

I made the mistake of telling them about it.

What's valujet?
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Valujet was a discount airline in the 90's that had lots of mechanical problems and eventually had a major crash. They merged with another airline and are now called AirTran Airways.

Comment

I got so excited I emailed my SO about it, but with the excitement forgot to send the link. So I emailed him again with the link. Then I emailed him a third time when I realized that the only city we could fly to would be Columbus OH, and that's flying out from a city 2 hours away from us. Hmmm... is Columbus a cool city?

I'll keep my eye out on this bad boy though....I can wait til 2008.

Comment

They have been flying for quite awhile now. All flights have to go through Columbus either leaving or arriving. They guarantee 10 seats per flight for $10. We know many people who use it and I will be in April. Everyone has had rave reviews. All their planes are new.

Comment

My next-door neighbor told me he's flown to California (from Columbus) 4 times this year for $10 each way on Skybus. He said it's a la carte pricing. If you check a bag, it's an extra $5, etc. From what I understand, the first 10 seats sold are $10, then the next 10 seats are $20, and so on.

I notice they have service to Gulfport, MS - just in time for Mardi Gras plans!

Comment

Working...
                  X