Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2007 taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2007 taxes

Oh, that BLOWS.

and you know, it's going to those fabulously run government agencies like the FAA and FDA.

Jenn

Comment

:thud: Oh Fluff, that sucks.

Originally posted by HouseofWool
      Since DH is still a student, the ATM doesn't affect us yet. The one thing the accountant kept says was "have more kids". I can't wait to start on that again. Just 6-8 more months before we start trying!
      More kids will definitely help during residency, put probably not when you're finished. We only claim one child now, and it doesn't help us any. I did a trial run on our 2008 taxes to see if having two kids will help.....nope.

Comment

Yes, when I think of all the cubicle-dwelling ape-people I used to work with at the EPA, and think I'm paying their salaries.....well I actually think it's a cheaper way of solving homelessness.
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
          Originally posted by DCJenn
          Our taxes amused me this year.
          If you can find the humor in my taxes, I'd sure like to hear it. I'm gonna be writing about $27K of checks this week.
          Wow, $27K definitely blows but you did mention earlier that you prefer paying the lump sum at the end. I don't want to be overpaying throughout the year but I think I'd have a coronary if I had to pony up that much all at once.

Comment

Yeah you're right...and to be fair, that figure includes estimated for the first quarter.
            But it's still alot of check.
            I wonder if W. and Dickster got hit by the AMT?
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

I just finished ours minutes ago. I was dreading doing them because of how scattered all our papers are. Some here, some back in MD at my parents' house, some online. Ugh! Thank God I'm done. I was a bit ticked when I saw that H&R Block charged me $14.95 to "free file". Supposedly they do that if you use the previous year's information on an existing account. Not cool, but I was in no mood to start all over again so I paid up.
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by Makai

Originally posted by HouseofWool
                Since DH is still a student, the ATM doesn't affect us yet. The one thing the accountant kept says was "have more kids". I can't wait to start on that again. Just 6-8 more months before we start trying!
                More kids will definitely help during residency, put probably not when you're finished. We only claim one child now, and it doesn't help us any. I did a trial run on our 2008 taxes to see if having two kids will help.....nope.
                I figure one step at a time. Any breaks we can get during residency as we are planning for me to be a SAHM. I can't wait, only 15 more months.
                Kris

Comment

Working...
                X