Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

PayPal Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Q

Warning - ebay/pay-pal newbie.

I bought an ebay item Dec 7th of 07 and never received it. Seller agreed to refund money on Jnauary 14 of 08. I have not seen the $ post on either my credit card or bank account. I see the withdarwl but not the refund. However, when I go to the PayPal site and ask to see "Refunnds" under "history" I can see the seller has refunded the money. I did a search on PayPal and found out that at times there may be insufficient funds. The history does not state anything of the sort. I think it says completed.

What am I not doing?? :huh:

This has happened before, and I never followed up on it because I think it was only $1 or something like that because seller forgot to insure the package. So, I forgot about it.

Does the refunded money just get saved on the Pay Pal account? :huh:

Thanks for your help "all knowing ones"
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Re: PayPal Q

I'm not *positive*, but I think that money is probably just sitting there in paypal for you; they don't necessarily transfer deposits directly to one of your external accounts. Haven't done enough with it to know where you should look to confirm that, unfortunately, but that's my guess.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

It's sitting in your paypal account, waiting for you to tell PayPal what to do with it.

Jenn

Comment

Yep, just like when someone sends you money you have to tell PayPal what to do with it. They don't automatically deposit it back into the account it came from.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

OK - I am going in...

logging in to PayPal that is.

Thanks!! I knew I was not doing something

Comment

It's okay, I was all nervous about using PayPal to begin with and DH has been using PayPal since at least 1998! So it took me a while to really believe my money was safe and transacting through it was reliable.

Comment

So, I gotta tell ya - PayPal is not idiot proof be-cuz I cannot get my money. :huh:

So, by doing the history search, turns out I do not have 2 - I have 6 refunds!!!

I clicked "withdraw" and then clicked "transfer to bank account" but I cannot go further because "From this balance" shows "$0.00" and then I get an error message that says insufficient funds. :huh:

I am going in again to see how I am missing the magic button to get my monies back.

Comment

Were the insufficient funds from your account or the seller's? Was this an international seller? Sometimes it does take a few days for transactions to "really" clear even though they show as completed.

Comment

So, here's the deal. All along PayPal has been putting my refund balances towards new purchases. This is why I have a zero balance. Since DH is usually the one that buys stuff using paypal, I never really know the exact amount of the crap (ooh - did I say that ) err - I mean stuff he is buying. For example, yesterday I checked the bank account and notice a paypal debit. I asked him if he had "paypal-ed" $159 this week. He said "yeah, I bought X." "X" actually cost him $168.50 but my $9.50 refund went towards it. So, no wonder I never saw my refund.

I learned from speaking to a PayPal rep that if I pay with my credit card, then, funds will be returned if I am given a refund. However, if I pay out of my checking account, then any refunds stay in Pay Pal and are put towards future purchases unless I request them first.

You guys probably knew that already.

I am thinking I need my own paypal account.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X