Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Life Insurance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Insurance question

I signed DH up for AMA life and disability, way back in December was when I mailed the forms. One got lost in the mail and one was received. A few weeks later he had a physical and labs. Then they wanted another urine sample. Then ANOTHER. No explanation. Then we got a letter saying he needed additional bloodwork. A week went by and I called and fussed, then said they didnt know why he needed the bloodwork, I asked for a mgr, I got a call an hour later that he was approved for both, no more labs needed. So two more weeks go by, I get a letter saying he needs a physical. Then I get a letter saying he is approved for disability, and another letter saying he needs a another physical. I just called and they said oops it was a mistake he is still approved for both and the letter went out on the 21st saying so.

I was telling a friend whose DH is a resident this, and she said they had the exact same problem. Is this normal? Bc the whole thing seems very shady to me.
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: Life Insurance question

We're going through the same thing, although they're not asking for more testing...just asking more and more questions about medical history over and over again - by mail and email. It seems like they're stalling and dragging this out.

BTW, this is through Zander Insurance and I think the company name is Banner Life.

Comment

That sounds strange to me. DH had to have a quick physical, and then the rest was pretty straightforward. But his life insurance policy is through American General, and disability is through MetLife. :huh:
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We didn't run into this problem and one of DH's policies is through the AMA. We had a policy in hand about 2 months after his phyical was done. They have changed their carrier in the years since DH signed up through them, so maybe that's why our experience was different.

Comment

DH and I both dod METLIFE and had no problems.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I got the approval for the life today and sent out both premiums. Assuming that they dont get lost in the mail as before we should be good to go.
            Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Working...
            X