Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

how soon do FF miles show up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how soon do FF miles show up?

I need to book a ticket for June pretty soon. DH is flying this weekend and next weekend. When do those miles show up, bc we are just slightly short of miles for an award ticket.
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: how soon do FF miles show up?

Did you send in the boarding pass stubs or was it part of your reservation? It seems like they show up pretty fast when they had your number before the flight.

Comment

United is pretty fast - I would say within a week after you've flown.

Alaska is super fast (within 2-3 days).
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

American is within 48 hours of the flights. United is usually on top of things, too.

BUT...you usually have to reserve way in advance to use FF miles. (Like months for domestic flights and years for international flights)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
          BUT...you usually have to reserve way in advance to use FF miles. (Like months for domestic flights and years for international flights)
          That's not always true. To have our choice of days, we booked about 7 or 8 months ahead for an international business class flight on United...but when there are still seats available a couple months before the flight, they open some more up for award travel. Of course, this was a couple years ago, now. :huh:
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I've had good luck with FF miles on short notice. It's worth a try. But when I cashed in our miles to travel to Hawaii I had to do that months before we traveled.

Comment

I just checked and there are 37 different FF flights to SFO in June. This is bc Delta changed their policy and they off lots of skychoice flights which are 50k miles, and like zero to no flights that are 25k. They pretty much doubled the amount you need to book a flight and call it a premium option which would be fine if there were actually the regular option ever available.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Working...
              X