Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Home heating oil prices for Winter 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home heating oil prices for Winter 2008

Egads. How many gallons do you need?

Re: Home heating oil prices for Winter 2008

One GOOD reason we'll be back at the condo. We went through a tank/mo in the dead of winter here. I didn't even ask the price last time we put oil in the tank, just said fill to $500.

Since you own the place, maybe you can look into a wood burning or pellet stove?

Comment

Ouch!

FWIW, I am so glad we replaced our windows. It is a chunk of change for sure and I don't know how long it would take to get that money back. It is one of those upgrades that you can feel and appreciate on a regular basis which takes some of the sting out (compared to say the sewer line unless it backed up).

Comment

this is makes me greatful for two things.

1) for the first time EVER in my life, we now have electric heat.

2)we downsized to about 2000sf LESS when we moved from mini mansion on the hill (in january)to the small house we're in now.

sorry lily. lock it in while you can...that was the only thing that we found helpful when we were still back home.
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I keep hearing about geothermal- i dont know how much it costs though. Any body know about it?
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

parents have it for their vacation home....runs on electricity...not sure the bills...but they have a propane fireplace that backs up the geothermal just in case the power goes out, prevents the pipes from freezing.

I guess it would be comparable to running the a/c...
            Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

We are getting a geothermal system in our new house. It cost about 9K more than a conventional system, but it is supposed to save us TONS on both heating and cooling. I'll let you know if it worked in about 18 months. DH has been all over the geothermal thing ever since he first heard about it. Between that and the convection cooktop (about 1K more than conventional) which was also his baby, I figure I have about 10K in upgrades coming as we go through this process.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
              X