Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Med School with Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly did not mean to offend. I was not simply referring to people whose parents have paid for their school, but instead parents who have paid for EVERYTHING. And not only do they pay for all of it, but it's the best of everything. If I have the ability to buy my kids a car, maybe I will. But it will be a used Ford not a brand new BMW. My parents are currently helping my brother through school, but he has Grandpa's old ass car and he lives with five other people, and works part time. Also, my parents have helped DH and I out tremendously by letting us live in their basement apartment for four years, all while charging no rent. It's certainly more help than others may receive, but not luxurious. I believe there's a line between helping your kids out with certain things and hindering your kids by 'helping out' too much. I only meant to reference the people who have crossed that line.
    ~Heather~
    Wife to pre-med student; mommy to a four & three year old.

Comment

I brought up the luxury cars and homes not because I have a problem with it, but to show that most students at DH"s school did not struggle with the money issue. Honestly, who cares if a parent buys their kid a BMW. I mean really. I will say I grew up upper middle class and I was given a new BMW and very nice apartment in college as where several of my friends. We all still worked very hard in school and all had part-time jobs. I always always worked. I was never "hindered" by having a nice car, my rent paid, and tuition paid. I went on to teach while earning two Master's. All of the students at DH"s school, with all of their extras, still excelled greatly. Everyones journey is different, and I'm not gonna hate on anyone if their med. school journey was a little easier than ours and more "luxurious." I mean who wouldn't jump at the chance to have a nice foreign car and nice house while working their ass off for four years?
      Last edited by Chrisada; 07-31-2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Nor do I hate on them either. I merely hate that they get it easy. Everyone's journey is different, and I'm just jealous that theirs is easy and mine is not.
        ~Heather~
        Wife to pre-med student; mommy to a four & three year old.

Comment

Oh, no offense taken. I just wanted to point out that things aren't always as they seem!
          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

We're an opinionated bunch, but for the most part not easily offended! We just love a good discussion!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
            X