Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
    Scarlett, I'd double check when you made your final tuition payment. I know of several US med students pissed off with their schools for making them pay tuition for their final semester in December, so they couldn't claim it on their taxes. It's messed up.
    Good point. I only attended school PT for the spring semester. I went and double checked when my loans disbursed to pay tuition - it was in February, so that should count. It is odd that it is so different from last year's and NOTHING is different about how I attended and paid for school.

ETA: Oh shit. I wonder if the screwed up 1098T had anything to do with the IN I carried in one of two classes from Spring 2011 semester until last week? Maybe they only saw me as having earned 3 credits, thus rendering me not even PT (PT is 4.5 credits). Wonder if I can get a modified one? We said on our taxes that I was eligible for the credit and I AM - it just took me an extra 9 months to get the grade that made me eligible.
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

We our keeping our accountant. We used turbotax to see how much to expect back, and our accountant came up with an additional 20% more than what turbotax came up with.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I need to be able to file my taxes TODAY because I need proof the amount of the return to be able to get pre approved for the mortgage. On Friday, I called because I still haven't gotten one of the documents, one that could have the most impact on the return. They never even generated it. I couldn't sleep last night because of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
        Kris

Comment

I'm usually really on top of taxes, but our bank statement indicating interest earned for the year hasn't arrived in the mail, and I'm using that as an excuse to procrastinate This year we're using an accountant. I used to do them myself, with the help of turbotax (I'd just use it as a number checker- I never submitted through them). This year we're itemizing deductions and I'm just ready to move on to an accountant. Our taxes get more complicated each year, so I'm ready to have someone find all the loopholes for me.
          Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

Working...
          X