Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Direct Loans Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Loans Question

So I logged into DH's direct loans site (we consolidated about a year ago) to make a payment. He is in school deferment but I've been making some payments sporadically when we can. Hey every little bit helps! So, I go to log in and they are completely paid off as of the 7th. The only thing I can think is that DL sold the rights to service the loan to someone else. My question is.. Don't they have to notify us that the lender or servicer changed? I didn't think that DL sold off those rights... Because they buy up all the debt when you consolidate? Help! I'm so confused!
    sigpic
    buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

DH's direct loans were sold a while ago but we got notification in the mail.

Comment

The Affordable Care Act had a provision that allowed these loans to be sold (weird, huh?). Ours were sold, too, and our only notification was a bill from a new lender. Our terms are the same, but we are not happy.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Are they all being sold to the same lender?
        sigpic
        buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Nope - different lenders. We got Mohela. If you're on auto drafts, it shouldn't affect rates or anything and should be seamless (plus you get a 1/4 point discount for auto draft).
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We also got Mohela. Also on auto draft so didn't have to do anything.

Comment

He's in deferment right now because of school.. Do you think Ill still get notification? Since hell get more loans for school will those end up at DL or at the new place? Ugh. Annoyed.
              sigpic

Comment

Should ALWAYS get some sort of notification when you loan holder or servicer changes hands, but not all companies are great about sending out the notification.

When our mortgage servicer changed, we didn't receive anything from the original company, just a notice from the new company that we were to send them our payments instead. Uh, I don't think so, asswipes. I called the other company to verify and their response was along the lines of, "Oops, didn't you get the notice we sent out? Yes, this is your new servicer so send your dough there." Obviously, we didn't get the notice, dipshits, or I wouldn't have called and asked. I have NOT been impressed with the company we used to buy our house.

Comment

We got emails and letters letting us know we were sent to Mohela.
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Thanks ladies!! Here is the link.. we just haven't received the notification yet because it just happened three days ago.. here is the link if anyone else's disappears! https://www.mohela.com/DL/FAQs/DLNewUser.aspx
                    sigpic

Comment

Hilariously.... I just received email notification of transference...
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X