Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Student loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The student loans are very effective.We have owed a student loan on a very small inters rate.
    Business Accountant Gold Coast | Get an enquiry
    Accountant knows what?

Comment

This thread is depressing. Depressing cause some are worse off than us, and depressing because some are in a far better position!!

Comment

This thread gives me immense anxiety. SO and I will have a combined ~$450k in student loans come graduation. My car has over 200k miles on it and his is no better. The seemingly insurmountable levels of debt we have is something we need to prioritize and soon.

Makes it even more difficult to swallow the "but he's going to be a doctor" comments everyone throws at me all the time.
        wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          We suck... Just paying minimum. We have other debt with higher interest rates, negligible retirement, no college funds, and only a very small emergency fund, so school loans are not a priority right now. Right now, we're just prioritizing by interest rate.
          This.
          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I prioritize by interest rate, too.

Comment

This thread reminds me of that old Woody Allen joke where they ask the husband and wife separately how often they have sex, and one says, "Hardly ever. Maybe three times a week," and the other says "Constantly. I'd say three times a week."

How's your debt? "Awful, like $500K!" "Great! We're down to $500K!"
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Haha good point!!
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
                  Ha! This sounds exactly like our dinner conversations with all of DrB's friends! Tragically, most of them have had their schooling paid for by their parents so they just stare at us with gaping mouths. ha.
                  wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    I prioritize by interest rate, too.
                    Us too. It's the best way, I think...
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
                      This thread reminds me of that old Woody Allen joke where they ask the husband and wife separately how often they have sex, and one says, "Hardly ever. Maybe three times a week," and the other says "Constantly. I'd say three times a week."

Love it. That was in Husbands and Wives, no?

Comment

Working...
                      X