Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Income Tax Scam FYi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income Tax Scam FYi

Apparently this is a national problem this year:

http://blog.massmed.org/index.php/20...me-physicians/

I would the curious to know why they're targeting docs and how they're getting specific doc info. My friend who had theirs stolen for two years in a row is not a doc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

What the hell is wrong with people taking what they didn't earn.

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
        What the hell is wrong with people taking what they didn't earn.
        That is a national epidemic
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Happened to us, but not because DH is a doc. His wallet was stolen and he had his SS card in the damn thing. Almost fucked up our closing on the house because we had no idea.

Comment

Hmmm, they would have had to pay taxes on ours...if only...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
              Hmmm, they would have had to pay taxes on ours...if only...
              I was thinking about that!

Comment

NOO!!! You don't understand. They would NOT have to pay YOUR taxes.. They filed a completed tax return . This person supposedly earned 100,000 and got 8,000 back. I'm not sure if they received the refund yet or not. I'm sure they have it going to some strange bank account. So even if we had owed money, they filed the false return BEFORE we filed ours. ( In fact, they wouldn't allow the electronic filing. That is how we were alerted. Those that just mail may find this out a little later than we did

Comment

Originally posted by spaz View Post
                  NOO!!! You don't understand. They would NOT have to pay YOUR taxes.. They filed a completed tax return . This person supposedly earned 100,000 and got 8,000 back. I'm not sure if they received the refund yet or not. I'm sure they have it going to some strange bank account. So even if we had owed money, they filed the false return BEFORE we filed ours. ( In fact, they wouldn't allow the electronic filing. That is how we were alerted. Those that just mail may find this out a little later than we did
                  Ugh, what a mess Spaz!!! How long will it take to work this out?
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but our friends that was stolen was still up in the air when they found out the second year had been stolen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yeah found out one of my daughter's teachers had their son's number stolen and they thought they had it all fixed. The next year, they filed on January 10th and the other person had already filed. Supposedly we are getting some kind of pin number that we will have to have when we file electronically from now on. To me, this is why we pay the accountant. They should take care of it. They did a really good job when my dad had a problem when he was still alive. His disability was entered incorrectly by the company and so they thought he had gotten 2 times as much. They fixed it for me! Maybe this and the lawsuit will be done about the same time. GRRR

Comment

Oh spaz, I was kidding -- but I didn't realize this actually happened to you! I'm so sorry! I promise I wasn't trying to be an insensitive heel - what a nightmare.

Comment

The $8K that they're getting back is likely the "farm income loss" refund. They make up bullshit returns, try to file them before the legitimate taxpayer, and pocket the ill gotten gains.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                            I would the curious to know why they're targeting docs and how they're getting specific doc info.
                            According to this article, it looks like hackers got in through a loophole in the payroll software that's used by a lot of hospitals and healthcare organizations, and that's how they got the physicians' info.

http://consumerist.com/2014/04/30/ha...roll-software/

Comment

This happened to my mom this year too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                              X