Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kids Consignment Sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids Consignment Sellers

Does anyone participate in these? Tips?
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Yep. Will type more later
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I've sold some stuff at OnceUpon A Child and some stuff at local shops here. I thought I got better deals at the local shops than OUAC. I've never done true "consignment" though, just shops that give you cash for your stuff.

For tips- I try to put the matching clothes together - you get more money that way. I also iron anything that needs it. Then I stack all of the shirts together, all of the pants together, etc. I bag up toys that belong together ( ie - all the pieces for set of little people in one Baggie).

Also, you get more $$ if you sell in season - the shops are starting to gear up for fall so you'll get more bang for your buck if you sell your winter stuff now and hold onto your spring/ summer stuff till next feb or march.

I recently made about $300 selling all of the clothes that our youngest has outgrown.
      Last edited by samssugarmomma; 06-29-2014, 09:05 PM.
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I've done JBF. It was a lot of work, and a lot of it didn't sell. I think that's mainly because of our area, though. I don't think it gets as many shoppers as bigger cities.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I've done Divine Consign, which is a local one similar to JBF. It's a love hate relationship. I love that I can get (almost) first pick of the sale when I consign and feel I get more $$ for my clothes than a normal consignment store. (65%)

I hate how long it takes me to clean and tag everything. It was HOURS last time and you have to provide the hangers, print the tags, etc. You are working for that extra %!

The sale I sold at was REALLY picky about stains, holes, wear, but I still saw stuff on the shelf. They would threaten to pull it if it was bad. It was annoying one year when a Christmas outfit I had bought at the same sale for N the year before was pulled for "wear" when she had literally worn it twice. Apparently it was good enough for me to buy but not sell?

If you do it, take the time to get the stains out (washing with a buttload of oxyclean in warm/hot and turning off the machine so it soaked for awhile worked well) and iron if you have to. It does make a difference in it selling. "Nice brands" like Gap, Gymboree, Janie & Jack seem to always sell well. I price them higher on purpose. Otherwise, don't expect to sell a shirt/bottom for more than $5 each. Swimsuits and coats always sold well. Accessories like hats just seemed to get lost and almost aren't worth dealing with.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
          X