Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

A financial book every year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A financial book every year

Something I read...it might have been White Coat Investor's book...recommended that whether you manage your own money or hire professional advice, you should keep up to date by reading at least one new financial book every year.

For me, I'm working on Rick Ferri's All About Asset Allocation and finding it super useful. What are you reading lately?
    Alison

Interesting.

I just ordered White Coat Investor's book. [MENTION=4666]The White Coat Investor[/MENTION]

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

It's a great one. I'm due for a re-read. This bull market is overwhelming!
      Alison

Comment

Not sure what I'm going to read this year. Does a book on taxes count? I started one a few months ago and will most likely pick it back up as I start thinking about filing

Comment

*I don't see us making any big changes financially this year. When we know where we'll be for fellowship (December match) we might either be tightening or loosening our beltstraps depending.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
            Not sure what I'm going to read this year. Does a book on taxes count? I started one a few months ago and will most likely pick it back up as I start thinking about filing
            Yeah, probably! Although I think the main thrust of the suggestion was so that you keep your investment strategy kind of on your mind and also keep framing your personal finance decisions in terms of the long-term/big-picture.

You mostly get paid as a contractor, right? I bet a tax book could be very valuable!
            Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
              Yeah, probably! Although I think the main thrust of the suggestion was so that you keep your investment strategy kind of on your mind and also keep framing your personal finance decisions in terms of the long-term/big-picture.

You mostly get paid as a contractor, right? I bet a tax book could be very valuable!
              Yea I've heard that suggestion before, definitely think it's a good goal.

As far as taxes, I should probably have a consultation at least once. I'm pretty sure I have all W-2's this year, I just have about 7 of them.

Comment

Working...
              X