Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Living more frugally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay strong! I did not get coffee this morning after my dentist appointment. It was tough--they're right across from Starbucks! Saved like $4 though.

Comment

Groceries only this week. I've made my target run for the week (got only 1 small thing that wasn't on the list) so from here on out it's food only until the weekend. I should have done a big grocery trip yesterday but had too much to do, so I do have to go to the store once this week. I'll be strong!
      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I crumbled and got Starbucks. And I forgot to tell them decaf, so it's a double whammy of badness. But it's so, soooo good.
        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I've started using cash at Target and the grocery store. If it's "real money" and not plastic, I spend far less!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I need to hop on the frugal train! We bought a car on Labor Day (crazy horrible experience - our first major purchase). Although adding an expense wasn't ideal, the car purchase was necessary. DH's car had a rope tied around it. He says that he's finally not embarrassed to get out of the car in his white coat.

I need to start being better about meal planning. All those lunches out add up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MrsInTheMiddle View Post
              I need to hop on the frugal train! We bought a car on Labor Day (crazy horrible experience - our first major purchase). Although adding an expense wasn't ideal, the car purchase was necessary. DH's car had a rope tied around it. He says that he's finally not embarrassed to get out of the car in his white coat.

I need to start being better about meal planning. All those lunches out add up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I broke down and bought my first car when I became a partner. It was awkward when clients saw the duct tape holding on the fenders.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

So....DH and I decided to back out the house we were going to build. We had negotiated to $517,500. Their agent called me back and asked for another $2000 and it set me over the edge. We found a house in a great neighborhood and placed an offer at $390,000. We decided we will put about $20,000 into it, but if we get it for anything under $417,500, I just saved us six figures (let's face it, we're getting a mortgage, we'll save way more than $100K).
                I think the further DH has been out of training, the more I have less patience for delayed gratification, but I want to be able to vacation, decorate, etc and then if/when I go back to work, we can design and build our dream house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                -Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                X