Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Financial articles/ blogs/ websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial articles/ blogs/ websites

What articles/ blogs have y'all been reading lately?

I'm forever obsessed with the website learnvest. This article caught my eye today:
    Starting Out in Life ... With $200K of Debt

http://www.learnvest.com/2015/10/a-c...-pay-off-debt/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Grace

Lately I've been digging some of the personal finance topics on Quora, and I've started learning more about Lending Club (for lending, not borrowing). And WCI, of course.

Comment

I put down my Financial book of 2015 after barely cracking the first chapters. Way too anecdotal. I chose the opposite of our investing philosophy, Trend Setting. So too many anecdotes + approach I already know we don't agree with = I wasted my money!

Did just join the WCI Fan Club group on Facebook. Not just drs/spouses but also some advisors etc.

Comment

Ooh, thanks for the heads up on the fb fan club! I just joined.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
          Ooh, thanks for the heads up on the fb fan club! I just joined.
          Meee too!!! Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
          Grace

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
            I put down my Financial book of 2015 after barely cracking the first chapters. Way too anecdotal. I chose the opposite of our investing philosophy, Trend Setting. So too many anecdotes + approach I already know we don't agree with = I wasted my money!

Did just join the WCI Fan Club group on Facebook. Not just drs/spouses but also some advisors etc.
            I made that mistake recently, I bought a book called "Buy High Sell Higher," just to have some exposure to a different philosophy. Not worth my time at all, oi.
            Alison

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
              Lately I've been digging some of the personal finance topics on Quora, and I've started learning more about Lending Club (for lending, not borrowing). And WCI, of course.
              Where are you researching about Lending Club, just on their site? I've been intrigued since WCI talks about it, and I've thought maybe when the debt portion of my asset allocation hits the next nice round number (should be by the end of the year) I will start branching out into alternative debt investments...
              Alison

Comment

[MENTION=985]spotty_dog[/MENTION] Mainly Quora and some resources I've found through there.
                I've put a couple hundred dollars in there just for fun and to see how it works, but I'm doing everything automated right now so it's pretty straightforward.

Comment

Damn, that FB group says "Doctors and Spouses" right in the name and is only open to LDW members -- which I'm not a member of because I don't want to be affiliated with a group that says "Doctors' Wives" right in the name, LOL. (Not to mention the insanity of the "vetting" process.) Oh, well.
                  Alison

Comment

I was able to join w/o the hooplah. I think you can be added by another member who vouches for you. I also declined to join previously because I didn't want to involve my DH and all the verification. It hasn't been super useful to me just yet, but I do enjoy reading about others' experiences and I can see where I'd get some good info in the future (in addition to the info I get from y'all, of course!).

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
                      I was able to join w/o the hooplah. I think you can be added by another member who vouches for you. I also declined to join previously because I didn't want to involve my DH and all the verification. It hasn't been super useful to me just yet, but I do enjoy reading about others' experiences and I can see where I'd get some good info in the future (in addition to the info I get from y'all, of course!).
                      I'm just paranoid, I think because I am not of the Facebook generation. It makes me supremely uncomfortable to have online activity under my real name, so I am only a light user of my regular FB profile, and just joined my first FB groups earlier this year. I have gone to LDW and scanned the member list and found people who have mutual (local) friends with me. I don't like thinking that someone else could do similar. I'm also seeing that they're exclusive to women? Basically, I wouldn't want to join any club that would have someone like me as a member, LOL. I'm not in the iMSN FB group for the same reason -- don't want to be listed as a member of a group that says Medical Spouses. In a nutshell, I'm a nut.

I do need to keep up on financial stuff though, so I'm pretty tempted to make an exception for the WCI group (maybe beg the admins for leniency on the LDW membership thing.)
                      Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                        I'm just paranoid, I think because I am not of the Facebook generation. It makes me supremely uncomfortable to have online activity under my real name, so I am only a light user of my regular FB profile, and just joined my first FB groups earlier this year. I have gone to LDW and scanned the member list and found people who have mutual (local) friends with me. I don't like thinking that someone else could do similar. I'm also seeing that they're exclusive to women? Basically, I wouldn't want to join any club that would have someone like me as a member, LOL. I'm not in the iMSN FB group for the same reason -- don't want to be listed as a member of a group that says Medical Spouses. In a nutshell, I'm a nut.

I do need to keep up on financial stuff though, so I'm pretty tempted to make an exception for the WCI group (maybe beg the admins for leniency on the LDW membership thing.)
                        I can vouch for you for the WCI group. There's definitely people in there who aren't associated with LDW.

Comment

Working...
                        X