Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Car Thread

And now my car is being recalled. Parts won't be available until the summer so I'm being asked to "relinquish" my vehicle and drive a rental until then.

I haven't gone in yet but even over the phone the woman was pushing trading in my car. They're offering to add an extra $2,000 to the value so they don't lose the money paying for the rental.

I love my car, it's a 2012 Honda Fit. Gets GREAT gas mileage. Not so good in the snow. Knowing we're going to be here for another two years it sure would be nice to drive something better in the winter Plus, DH is out of town and I think it's hilarious if I had a new car when he got home. There's a 2010 Jeep Compass with the third of the miles my car has...

Tell me to step away!

What's the recall for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Jeep is the most unreliable car brand out there! Don't do it! Maybe for another Honda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Hondas have an airbag issue, but there aren't parts out there yet to replace them all. DH got his replaced a while back, but his parents got the same letter you did, theirs is a crv. They're just driving a rental until the dealer can do the fix.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I have also heard Jeep is a maintenance nightmare. Hubby is currently planning just to keep driving his CRV I guess.
          Alison

Comment

We've had a Toyota Corolla since 2012 and have had zero problems. You may want something that can handle snow a little better than a Corolla, but I think I'm a Toyota buyer for life. 42K and only oil changes and routine maintenance. She is a dream.

Comment

We let go of two 1980s Toyotas in the last 7 years, neither had had any issues or ever seen a mechanic for non routine stuff. Excellent cars.
              Alison

Comment

Many Toyotas are under the same recall. My sister was told not to let anyone sit in the passenger seat until the got the parts in, and the dealership put a warning sticker on that side of the dash. So many companies were using the same airbag manufacturer.

-Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

That's a bummer

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, we're hard core Honda/Toyota fans. I drive a hybrid Lexus and DH just bought a Honda Pilot in January. They have a new body style out this year and we had to have our dealer track one down for us in another city. Will they loan you something better in the snow while you're waiting? That might persuade you.
                    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Oh, that sucks.

Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Wait...hold up. They are offering rentals for this stuff now? And safety stickers? DH had the airbag issue in his civic and all they did was send letters reminding him to get it done but it was a PITA to schedule.

Irony is he got it fixed and got into an accident that next day.

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

DH has a Jeep, and I agree the service dept is terrible. I thought it was just our location.
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

DH absolutely does not want me to trade it in. I road tripped across the country in a Civic last year and honestly even though it's a bigger car I'd rather keep my Fit. But the accord....those are nice... I've been instructed to tell them I can't consider buying a car until my husband returns from out of town next week. If we could muscle them into an upgrade that be great but they're the professionals.

I have to say I was VERY surprised they're paying for car rentals. I'm just afraid they're going to stick me in something like a Versa or Mazda 2, those cars are tiny!!

(off topic but there's a smart car in my neighborhood, and every time I see it on the roads in winter I think "that person is not smart" you should've seen it trying to get out of snow!)

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                              Wait...hold up. They are offering rentals for this stuff now? And safety stickers? DH had the airbag issue in his civic and all they did was send letters reminding him to get it done but it was a PITA to schedule.

Irony is he got it fixed and got into an accident that next day.

That's what I was thinking! DH got his Accord recall done in January and a few days later the car finally crapped out which is why we ended up getting a Pilot. Haha, I wonder if the getting the recall done jinxes the car. 😏
                              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                              X