Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Selling Your Home..Questions/Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Your Home..Questions/Answers

How much home repair do you need to do before putting your home on the market? We have a part on one of our counters where Thomas put a hot dish right out of the oven. It is a laminate counter and it bubbled up/peeled away in two circular spots. Should we replace that particular piece of counter?

What are other parts of the house that need to be repaired before preparing a house to show?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I would because kitchens are one of the most critical rooms in the house for showing a homes worth.

Your best bet is to contact a real estate agent, who can give you a punch list.

Comment

Kitchen is a biggie....but I would have an agent walk through, on a good day for your household, of course . Then if things are so bad that you don't want to do them, you could always sell you home with allowances for counters/carpets/cabinets...that may bite into what you would make on the house though.

If I lived closer I would paint your interior for you....for a small babysitting charge!

Comment

I would replace the counters, too. I think that you can usually get a 200% return on any improvements you make in the kitchen and the bathroom....the same goes for landscaping. That's a great idea about having a real estate agent come up with a punch list for you. Sometimes when you live in a home for so long you just don't realize what really needs to be fixed or cleaned.

Comment

I think it is a great suggestion to have an agent or two take a look at the house and make suggestions. Ours suggested fixing a few things we didn't think of and told us to pass on some that planned on (thank goodness we didn't spend the $$$ on those!).

Comment

Since this is a homeselling thread, WE HAVE A CONTRACT!!!! :ra:

Set to close at the end of August. so it will be a fax affair.

We might have enough to outright buy a tiny condo and not have a mortgage at all.

I might burst. :=

tip...I am crediting the use of eucalyptis/mint candles from B&BW for setting a "relax, you're home" vibe.

Comment

I'm going to go buy the damn' candle right now. I'm so frustrated with the home selling thing I could explode (although I'm generally frustrated right now, so it won't take much).

congratulations :!

Comment

Congratulations, Tracy! That has to be a huge relief for you.

Hang in there, Jenn, I hope you get the perfect offer soon.

Comment

Working...
                X