Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

First Doctor Paycheck TODAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Doctor Paycheck TODAY!

Thank God.

There was a light at the end of the tunnel - and it turned out NOT to be a train after all.

Now we just have to travel down that "getting out of debt offshoot ... " but at least it seems feasible.

Nice to know there really is a light at the end of the tunnel - have a little bit of fun with it!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Whew! Just think, in 7 more years it'll all be paid for and history

Comment

Thanks for sharing this. It sounds beautiful!
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Yeah, we've got eight more years (for you doing the counting, that's PGY13!) until the Army doesn't own us anymore! Although, in theory, I could kick him to the curb to moonlight starting next year. I have heard good things about the on-call peds neuro thing so...maybe that'll help.

Thanks for leaving the light on in the tunnel! I was beginning to think that it's still the train.

Jenn

Comment

Yes, I will confirm that the money is definitely better at this end of the tunnel -- all lifestyle griping aside!!

Congratulations on reaching this side! Enjoy yourself a little, then get responsible. (And then .... repeat. )
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

We saw the light as welll, though it was flickering a bit late Friday afternoon. My dh deposited his very first paycheck into the ATM on Friday and found out later that day they were "holding" the darn check for a week or so before crediting it to our account. Never mind that I had scheduled about 12 online bill payments to come out of our account that day. Let's see, even if they did cover the payments, $33 times each payment (their little fee for not bouncing the items) X 12 is a lot of freakin' money!!! As soon as DH called me to let me know at 4:30 on Friday, I loaded up the kids in the car and went down to the bank myself. For some reason my dh made a copy of his check before depositing it, which totally saved our asses--after we showing it to the bank manager they approved the deposit and we were in the clear. It made for some very tense moments for us.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

None of that 'ATM hold' crap here! I had dh go physically pick up the check, then I met him outside the hospital, hauled 2 kids into the bank and deposited it RIGHT THERE! One of the checks (which was written on an account from the same bank) was available immediately, the rest the next day.

Can you tell we needed the money??

Comment

I have gave up on reaching the end of the tunnel a few years ago. But this does give me hope. Although our end is still 3 years away. I want to start counting months, weeks even days, not years.

Comment

Working...
                  X